(PC) Can't find other players in Multiplayer in Australia? *Update*

by SilverandSonic

Original Post

(PC) Can't find other players in Multiplayer in Australia? *Update*

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hiya. I'm having issues finding other players in Multiplayer. I have played a couple of rounds of Garden Ops and managed to have one other player join me, but whenever i attempt to go into any other game mode (Gnome Bomb, Turf Takeover) I just keep getting put in an empty room by myself, even though it apparently found the best match. Hmmm...

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is a technical issue on my part because at one stage last night at about 8pm my Ping was at 45, which is apparently really good? And i still couldn't find other players even at that. I don't think i should try connecting to other regions because the ping for that is too high.

A bit of a noob here when it comes to all the technical stuff involving computers.I was wondering if this is a known issue and if this is a problem with EA or the game itself. Curious if there are any others having this problem. Thanks.

Update: So after posting this I tried Turf Takeover again and I did manage to get a couple of people in. There were two others along with myself but I never got to start a match because people kept leaving so we never reached the four players required to start. I then tried switching my region to North America West on Turf Takeover and I got a match straight away. An almost full one. Couldn't play it though because way too much lag. So clearly this is an issue with people in Australia? Surely it's not because not enough people have the game? It's not as if we are an island of 10,000 people. Is it something to do with Australian servers? I don't know. Hopefully this extra info will help if anyone looks into this.

Message 1 of 3 (430 Views)

Re: (PC) Can't find other players in Multiplayer in Australia? *Update*

★★★ Newbie

I have tried multiple times on every single gameplay, and at different times/days to try and get into a multiplayer game. I have neever been able to successfully join a game that had other players. Are ther just not enough people playing? is it even worth buying this game? (currently playing the 10 hour free access)

Message 2 of 3 (365 Views)

Re: (PC) Can't find other players in Multiplayer in Australia? *Update*

★★ Novice

Hi, this type of problem is typically a port forwarding problem. A guide for the settings required is here:- http://help.ea.com/uk/article/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/  (sorry its uk but can't get Australian without a proxy).

This means changing settings on your router to give your games machine a fixed IP (internet protocol) address. Then assigning the listed ports to this address (or machine).

Each player in a multiplayer match has to use a different port for good communication in the game.

Your router manual or your ISP (if they supplied it) should have more information on how to change these settings. On a pc click on the file icon, then the network tab (left side). Look for a network infrastructure icon, with "(Gateway)" . Right click on this and select "view device web page". Then enter your name usually "admin" and your password, check your manual for this, though sometimes printed on your router. Port forwarding setting are usually an advanced setting.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3 (350 Views)