[PC] Apex makes mouse start skipping- requires full restart to fix it.

by ILPI

Original Post

[PC] Apex makes mouse start skipping- requires full restart to fix it.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Video showcasing the bug: https://youtu.be/3p2S3z35Rmo?t=15

From time to time, Apex makes my mouse skip, and the only way to fix it is to fully restart the PC, and hope the bug doesn't manifest itself again.

It only happens on Apex. I play A TON of games, (i.e. at least 15 in the last 1-2 months,) and it literally only happens in Apex Legends.
Thing is, whenever it happens, it basically bricks my Windows until I restart the PC, as in- Apex "applies" the mouse skip bug to my complete OS, not just to the in-game input.

I dropped screenshots of the settings on the ''attach files'' thingy, alongside a DxDiag text-file. Would like to drop some logs of a normal play as well as whenever the bug happens, if necessary.

–— My specs are —–

CPU — i7 7700k
GPU — GTX 1080
RAM — 16GB DDR4
OS —
 Windows 10 Pro

Message 1 of 3 (686 Views)

Re: [PC] Apex makes mouse start skipping- requires full restart to fix it.

★ Novice

Do you have the game running on high priority? If you do, set it back to normal. I had this same issue after setting my game to high priority to attempt to solve the memory crash issue. It never bled over to the rest of windows though.

Message 2 of 3 (625 Views)

Re: [PC] Apex makes mouse start skipping- requires full restart to fix it.

★★★★★ Apprentice
Not sure. I didn't change any of the priority values. Maybe whenever it happens, it automatically changes to High priority instead of staying on normal, I'll check on it whenever I have the time.
Message 3 of 3 (617 Views)