[PC] Apex Legends Stuttering/Hitching - FPS Drop/Frametime Spike

by warmtofu

Original Post

Re: [PC] Apex Legends Stuttering/Hitching - FPS Drop/Frametime Spike

★★★ Newbie

I have similar specks to that guys PC and im getting this weird stutter wen i see other players. My FPS is fine and my actual gameplay runs smooth but when i drop from the airship or see other players they seems to sort of teleport and stutter around. At first i thought i twas my connection so i restarted my computer and my wifi box but still to no avail. All my other games run smoothly so its not my computer but the program itself i believe. If anyone has any idea how to fix this please let me know.

Message 11 of 58 (8,752 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I think yours is an internet problem @Gus0is0the0bus, i'm having the same thing. If you follow EA's troubleshoot and run their UOTrace program, i'll bet you'll find some hops with 100% packet loss.

If its this "ae17.cs2.lga5.us.zip.zayo.com" hop we have the same issue.
Message 12 of 58 (8,744 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have the exact same problem. Mine is dell inspiron 7577 laptop :/
Message 13 of 58 (8,737 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any luck with this? Same problem on my i9 9900k RTX 2070. Capped at 144 constant frames, yet feels laggy as hell. Good cpu/guy temps and usage % - have tried with and without vsync, no fix.

Message 14 of 58 (8,705 Views)

★★ Novice

Anyone of you guys found a solution to this problem? I have exactly the same issue and it only in Apex.

Message 15 of 58 (8,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Don't mean to just plugin here. But, I also posted something similar, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Apex-Legends-S3-Update-Frametime-Frame-skipping-Framer... and https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/dekmhb/pc_apex_legends_s3_update_frametime_frame/

I had times where I could see clear FPS drops. My issue is what feels like stuttering/hitching as well; yet, not indictive with Frametime Spikes on a graph. MSI afterburner set to 100ms as the lowest it can go for monitoring and even both Rivaturners settings on displaying the updates it on the screen to 100ms as well.

It's weird because I noticed that I can start the game up and potentially have 0 Issues* for long sessions; but, it just starts hitching randomly. last night was the first night Since S3 that I didn't have any hitching at all which was a surprise.

Message 16 of 58 (8,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@RammononSame here. When I first started the game it ran perfectly for me.

*edit* If you ever find a fix for that please let me know. Feel free to add me on Origin:  d4g0b3r7

Message 17 of 58 (8,147 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I really think the fix will be them fixing whatever is going on with the optimization. 

I even tried the AVX offsets and honestly it made it worse. I've unfortunately gave up. Any update and I'll try to remember updating the people i said I would as well as my post.

Message 18 of 58 (8,133 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem with the stuttering. The frames are constant but the game is stuttering anyway. It occurs after 15 minutes of playing the game.

Message 19 of 58 (8,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same'ish but mine are far inbetween usually.I would usually have a smooth'ish experience  with no stutter but randomly I can get a stutter like the video shown here and there.Don't know if related.

Message 20 of 58 (8,080 Views)