Re: [PC] Apex Legends Stuttering/Hitching - FPS Drop/Frametime Spike

by Sick1Click

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
Message 41 of 58 (7,118 Views)

★ Novice

the link you provided is a virus i downloaded it and got a bunch of other malware and pop up ads on my browser and computer itself. 

Delete this so called *guide*.

Message 42 of 58 (6,544 Views)

★★ Novice

hey the fix that i did was i set my fps cap to max and noted how low my fps drops go in game, then lowered all of the quality options in the video settings in apex legends. did the process again and noted what the lowest my frames were on low quality settings in game. it was jumping from about 230 fps down to about 138. i have a 144hz monitor, so i capped my framerate to 141 in origin for apex legends to minimize frame drops. once i did that i had no stuttering or screen tearing and was running smoothly only jumping around about 2-3fps. maxing out at 141 fps and dropping down only to 138. im sure i could get more frames if i didnt run at 1440p on my monitor, but i enjoy having quality images as well as a good performance. play with it a little bit to see what works best for you setup but it should absolutely work for anyone experiences stuttering and screentearing during fps drops.

Message 43 of 58 (6,476 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Vertical Sync: Force on

How can you recommend turning Vsync in a fast competitive FPS game like Apex?

Message 44 of 58 (6,465 Views)

★★ Novice

That definitely isnt the reason. Because you can use third party program to cap frames, leaving gpu well below 100% and it doesnt go away. You can overclock gpu, turn OC off. Doesnt make a difference

I have an i9990k 32g of 4000mhz ram 2080ti and an nvme ssd. Same issues. 

Message 45 of 58 (5,406 Views)

★★ Novice
@Sick1Click input lag isnt a fix
Message 46 of 58 (5,389 Views)

★★ Novice

My solution to apex legends stutter was to get rid of wireless mouse.. :DI had logitech G305, insane stutter. :D

Message 47 of 58 (5,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I don't think it's a GPU problem.

This game has * netcode. Causes the stutters and the lag:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/f02vxz/apex_netcode_still_worst_of_all_brs/

They packet split , which causes the delay. Makes it an unplayable game.

Message 48 of 58 (5,114 Views)

★ Guide

Isn't that just lag tho? Stutter  caused by lag doesn't show up on a frametime graph.

When I tested my stutter https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/3080-tuf-oc-ed-same-stutter-in-apex-once-twice-a-game-w-frametimeg... with Windows performance toolkit the results where leaning on it being a driver/game issue.One thing of note the game was holding on thread 0 for too long whatever that means.That's what I was told while trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Message 49 of 58 (5,105 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Fix this stuttering please! * microstuttering, i waiting 1 year to fix this and nothing.... Idk is the reflex or servers but is not hardware issue because all other game run perfect.

Message 50 of 58 (4,012 Views)