UNPLAYABLE

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 1660 TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB 3000mhz
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Rcurtiiss
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. n/a
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? all of them
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? n/a
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. all of the map game lobby loading screen charter selection
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. loading moving being shot at training ground
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? every match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) everyday
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? micro stutters screen freeze audio de sync by like 15 seconds
What should be happening instead? its should run smooth
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know

maybe 1 out of times times i load this game i can play, it freezes and lags constantly. even on my own in the lobby screen before joining if i click anything it freezes, character selection i barley see it just chooses the last hero i selected. when it loads im already in the drop ship. if its runs smooth when we land i can run for a while and as soon as someone shoots at me it freezes until ive been downed. i have a good rig that can run other games in 1440p at 90+ fps. i get 189 fps in apex yet its still buggy and will drop down to 1fps. i dont have this issue in any other game before you say it could be my hard ware. all my drivers are up to date. so whats causing this issue, ive sunk money into this game more then just the battle pass and i can barley play it 

Message 31 of 58 (15,235 Views)

Re: [PC] Apex Legends Stuttering/Hitching - FPS Drop/Frametime Spike

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Hey guys i have the solution for your problems. Well, i had the same problem, Apex didnt run without lags. I start put all on low, overclocked my graficcard, set start settings etc. nothing worked.

But now i got it. This guide will work for all nvidia graficcard users and perfect with >120Hz monitors and low-end pc's (good result with my i5-4690k & gtx 1060) Ok lets start:

- downlaod Nvidia Inspector (from a trusted source)

- unpack it in a folder on your desktop ore where ever you want

- start "nvidiaProfileInspector.exe"

- left on top "Profiles", chose Apex Legends

- you need to change settings in register "2 - Sync and Refresh"

• Maximum pre-rendered frames 1
  • Prefered Refreshrate: Highest available
  • Triple buffering: On
  • Vertical Sync: Force on
  • Vertical Sync Smooth AFR behavior: On
  • Vertical Sync Tear Control: Adaptive
  • Low Latency Mode: Ultra

Check "Apply changes" right on top.

--> Use the following start options in Origin for Apex Legends:
-dev -novid -high -fullscreen -freq 237 +fps_max 190
(this example is for a 240hz screen. For people with: a 144 Hz monitor: -freq 138 -fps_max 138 , with a 165 Hz: -freq 138 +fps_max 158 etc.)

--> enable gsync/freesync if its aviable for you

--> Navigate to:

C:\Users\* your username*\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local
(You can also just press the Windows key, type in "Games" and simply navigate through the folders)

--> Open the videoconfig, delete everything and insert this here (if your monitor has a resolution other than Full HD, adjust the two will in the config accordingly):
Spoiler
"VideoConfig"
{
"setting.cl_gib_allow" "0"
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_base" "-999999"
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_multiplier" "-999999"
"setting.cl_ragdoll_maxcount" "0"
"setting.cl_ragdoll_self_collision" "0"
"setting.mat_forceaniso" "0"
"setting.mat_mip_linear" "0"
"setting.stream_memory" "200000"
"setting.mat_picmip" "4"
"setting.particle_cpu_level" "0"
"setting.r_createmodeldecals" "0"
"setting.r_decals" "0"
"setting.r_lod_switch_scale" "0.30"
"setting.shadow_enable" "0"
"setting.shadow_depth_dimen_min" "0"
"setting.shadow_depth_upres_factor_max" "0"
"setting.shadow_maxdynamic" "0"
"setting.ssao_enabled" "0"
"setting.ssao_downsample" "3"
"setting.dvs_enable" "0"
"setting.dvs_gpuframetime_min" "4167"
"setting.dvs_gpuframetime_max" "4084"
"setting.defaultres" "1920"
"setting.defaultresheight" "1080"
"setting.fullscreen" "1"
"setting.nowindowborder" "0"
"setting.volumetric_lighting" "0"
"setting.mat_vsync_mode" "0"
"setting.mat_backbuffer_count" "0"
"setting.mat_antialias_mode" "0"
"setting.csm_enabled" "0"
"setting.csm_coverage" "0"
"setting.csm_cascade_res" "512"
"setting.fadeDistScale" "1.000000"
"setting.dvs_supersample_enable" "0"
"setting.gamma" "1.000000"
"setting.configversion" "7"
"setting.modeldecals_forceAllowed" "-1"
}
--> Save the video configuration and the editing of a right click on the file, put a check mark next to "read only" and press belong. From now on you don't want to be able to change any video settings in the game, but that doesn't really matter. If it works, you don't have to change anything. It is important to use the write protection here, otherwise the entire config will be changed again with the slightest change to the video settings in the game. Do not be surprised, all settings are now on "Low", the game is now almost suitable for e-sports.

Ok thats all. You are welcome to give me feedback and just write to me if you have any questions.

Greetings and good luck!

(btw. if u want much more fps set "setting.stream_memory" "200000" to "setting.stream_memory" "000000")
Message 32 of 58 (36,214 Views)

Community Manager

@Sick1Click 

"- set all ingame settings in Apex to low"

Do you see any impact to FPS if you increase your graphical settings to medium or higher? Appreciate the detailed solution you posted for others here, however I'm not sure if many players will want to visually play on low settings.

Thanks for the contribution. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 33 of 58 (15,182 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, I'll try the fullscreen optimization tweak tonight.

Copy/paste from my post in a similar topic:

Was looking to post a similar stuttering issue.

Completely resolved by lowering my screen refresh rate to 100hz..

Wanted to ask if someone could help to get back to 144hz without those unplayable stutters.

Config : I5-7600 / RTX 2070 Super / 16go RAM

Message 34 of 58 (14,929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The mouse polling to 500Hz fixed it for me. Thank you!

Message 35 of 58 (14,494 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi so i fixed this if u have stuttering in ur game this gonna help u 99.99999%

also im not good in english but im trying my best to reach my point

so im playing this game at s1 till now , i had a gtx 650 ti boost , it was not that bad in s1 even s2 but in s3 i got ❤️❤️❤️❤️

i had like 60 - 40 fps on 1280*720 and 20-30 in 1080p it was unplayable cuz the low fps but game had no stuttering (cpu & gpu usage on 100%) so I bought a new xfx rx580 8g . my fps was almost on 170 - 120 1080p but some times it would be dropped on 80 - 60 . it was good fps for me so i had a new gpu with same pc ( i5 3470 12g ddr3 1600 1t hdd 650w psu) but the game was stuttering so bad . it was absolutely unplayable even with 144 fps cap or 60 . so i decide to delete all of my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in my hard with a new fresh windows even i deleted all partitions of hard and make a new one but game was stuttering again (it was a little better on triple buffering vsync but maked the huge input lagg) i was using a autoexac file when i had gtx 650 . it was a youtube guide by a guy name panjo also i had some lunch options in origin (i was added again all of this files after new windows) so i deleted autoexac file and all of my lunch options and guess what , my game was so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ smooth even on 100% cpu usage and gpu, no stuttering no input lagg , nothing . it was so weird after that i wanted to be sure so i added autoexec and lunch options again and game was stuttering like before but with no autoexec file and no lunch option it was absolutely smooth even on unlimited fps . if u have a amd gpu u should use the 19.2.1 driver version and 362.00 for nvidia also if u wanna cap ur fps use rtss and do not use origin . in the end sorry for my garbage english and i hop this gonna help u . make me knos if this working for u or not . peace

Message 36 of 58 (14,370 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Sick1Click thanx man very much. this is the only solution worked for me . i thought it gonna give me high input lag but it didnt . iam using adaptive vsync on game instead of triple buffering
Message 37 of 58 (14,059 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Zer0_Calculati0N nice that i could help you Standard smile

@EA_Blueberrythis solution is not for a high end pc by the way. with my new pc i dont need that manual. to put all on low gives you a smother gameplay, its not all about fps, the subjective feeling is much more important.

Message 38 of 58 (13,875 Views)

★★ Guide

I am also getting performance hits after the last update.

I suspect coding issues, not client side issues.

Message 39 of 58 (13,447 Views)

★★★ Novice

This game has been unplayable recently. Every 2-3 games I've terrible spikes and freezes. It's so frustrating beacuse its not like every game so you never know.. I can play a game with zero lags and zero spikes and then I've a game when enemies literally teleporting in front of me. Meantime in CSGO I've never ever had any spikes or ping issues. I feel like it is server/client-based problem. If anyone find a miraculous fix just let me know, I'd be wholeheartedly grateful..

Message 40 of 58 (13,393 Views)