[PC] - Anthem stuck on 'connecting to online services'

by Mrknock0ut27

Original Post

Re: [PC] - Anthem stuck on 'connecting to online services'

★★ Apprentice
same here. It's been three days now. I was able to play Anthem before official launch with my Origin Premier membership. Since three days, can't pass 'connecting to online services'
Message 21 of 167 (4,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah nothing posted in here currently works as a solution. Its a bit ridiculous at this point, this game cost around £50 after all and it appears that no one has a solution. By the looks of it the Devs need to post a fix because none of these 'herbal remedies' are going to work.

Edit: It seems some people acutally got to play the game before this bug occured, I have never managed to get past the point I stated previously.

Message 22 of 167 (2,386 Views)

★★ Novice

This may sound like the most ridiculous thing ever but if you have a console and you just can't wait to play the anthem, I recommend you get it on a console. I had to do it. It works on my PS4. 

Message 23 of 167 (2,311 Views)

★★ Novice

I ran anthem for 7 hours and nothing. SOMEONE FIND SOMETHING PLEASE! Ea needs to do something before people get rational.

Message 24 of 167 (2,309 Views)

★ Apprentice
I've been trying for a Week probably the save game got corrupted on their server but ea will say it's your problem not theirs.
Message 25 of 167 (2,300 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I now have this problem.

I've played all the demos and have been playing with Origin Access Premier since the 15th. Last night I was exiting a mission and I got a very long load time transitioning to the victory screen where it eventually stopped at 95%. I had to alt f4 to exit the game and when I tried logging in I get the dreaded "Connecting to Online Services" that is plaguing others in this thread.

I have tried all available suggested solutions including the DNS (note that another PC on my network can connect to his own account) and clearing Origin cache suggestions. However, as I was playing steadily for a week this MUST be a server side issue. I'm now around $75 invested in this game and cannot play whatsoever. This is a complete blocker.

Please help. I am out of options.

Message 26 of 167 (2,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

most annoying thing about dat, ea/bioware dont show any insterest about this.

and, this connection error mostly experienced by premier access members? EA restricted us otherwise there is not any single idea? No problem at whole closed alpha-demo-early access week. but after day1 patch, cant even play just 1 expedition. 

Message 27 of 167 (2,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah they haven't stated anywhere (as far as I now) about this problem or about them trying to fix it, hopefully people keep giving this thread more points so it can't be ignored as easily. I don't think I have ever seen a launch of a 'AAA' game this bad. All I want is to play the game it's not much to ask for in my opinion Disappointed

Message 28 of 167 (2,196 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am also experiencing this issue of ‘connecting to online services’ and seeing that very quick flash of something about to update then it’s back to the connecting to online services. Also something else I found interesting is Origin says I have played the game over 40 hours but I’ve probably only let it run for an hour or two just sitting at that screen. Wish Someome would give us a fix. I am also a premiere subscriber...for now at least...

Message 29 of 167 (2,182 Views)

★★ Novice
I am having the same issue since yesterday, and today I fixed it, the problem was from my antivirus that was controlling Windows firewall, so I've allowed all connections for Origin and Anthem from Antivirus panel. I hope that will fix your issue.
Message 30 of 167 (2,132 Views)