[PC] - Anthem stuck on 'connecting to online services'

by Mrknock0ut27

Original Post

"Connecting to Online Services..." and not connecting

★★ Novice

I just hop in the game, play a bit, rescued Mathias, and "Connecting to Online Services..." stays infinite......, after closing the game and opening again did the trick 30mins ago to fix this.

But now, nothing happens Frown

I am on PS4 Pro.

And this is on launch day????

Come on....please.

Regards,

TheAmareto

Message 10 of 167 (3,712 Views)

Can't get past "Connecting to online services..."

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Been trying to find a solution for this for the last 7 hours. Since the VIP demo I can't get past the "connecting to online services.." screen on the original PS4. Or the few times I did, I've got several different error messages, like "pilot data not found", "error connecting to online servers", "unknown error" and so on.

I managed to get to the screen where it asks me to choose a language and brightness maybe 3 times today, and maybe twice during the VIP demo. But then the loading screen after that is as far as I've gotten which usually ends with me being thrown back to the EA logo with an error message. Usually just stuck on infinite "connecting to online services"

Just got off support chat with EA and after an hour of troubleshooting the advisor came to the conclusion that the IT team needs to be notified and I need to look out for a responds from the community manager on the forums.

Please let me know when a solution has been found. The game is unplayable for me until then.

Message 11 of 167 (3,714 Views)

Re: [PC] - Anthem stuck on 'connecting to online services'

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Mrknock0ut27

Sorry to hear about this.

Can you try these steps and see if the issue gets better?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Got the same issue too after a long playsession (with several DCs after mostly every mission) and now installing the game again to see if that may help. 

I tried all the steps and NOTHING helps! 

Edit: Reinstalled the game. Still broken. 

Message 14 of 167 (6,979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Unfortunately this doesn’t work, seems that there is just an unlucky minority with an unfixable problem?

Edit: I have also reinstalled the game twice today so to anyone who has bad download speed don’t waste your time. 

Message 15 of 167 (6,841 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, Freelancers!

For those experiencing this issue, are you able to log into any other EA online-heavy game, such as Apex Legends? If so, how does it behave?

Also, if you have not cleared your Origin cache, if you could try that as well, that would be great.

Please let me know how it goes.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 16 of 167 (6,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to login for 3 hours now... every other game works. But this isnt. 

Message 17 of 167 (6,756 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Same, it happened after i have accepted a mission in fort tarsis...tried everything already
Message 18 of 167 (6,683 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem with me, done everything suggest on all the forums, contacted support who literally did nothing twice. I paid 15 bucks for the premium to play early and wasnt able to play 4 out of the 6 days because of this bug. EA has the worst customer service and the worst regard to their players.

Message 19 of 167 (6,537 Views)

★★ Novice

This did not work.

still getting connecting To online services..

Tested Apex Legends.... runs with no issue.

Here what I have done sooooo Far.... added Ports forward on my router.

reinstalled Game 4 times. reinstalled Origin once same issue reinstalled Origin and Anthem again....

ran those already: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/ -ran game in Admin mode.

Flush my DNS rebooted multiple times. run an UOTraces as well.

Please HELP!

Message 20 of 167 (5,970 Views)