[PC] - Anthem stuck on 'connecting to online services'

by Mrknock0ut27

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] - Anthem stuck on 'connecting to online services'

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have tried several times to access the anthem game today, all met with the same error. I will just sit there with the game open and I have never gotten past 'connecting to online services'. Does anyone know how to fix this or is anyone also having this problem? 

Edit: When ever I boot up anthem i notice something flashes for about half a second. I recorded it and managed to find out what it said, 'Live Content Update Status: Preparing to Update' hopefully that helps someone figure out a fix. I have attached an image of it. 

Message 12 of 167 (28,863 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Connecting to Online Services..." and not connecting

★ Apprentice

I have finally found some sort of a fix, the whole problem was due to the fact that I was connected to a router that is not the original router in my house, it worked by being connected to the main router. Basically I think this secondary router couldn't forward the standard ports that were required to connect to the game (even so I have never had this problem on any other game so its still not acceptable). So I connected my ethernet lead to the main router and it decided to work when I did that. I'm not that educated in how all of this stuff works so sorry if my explination is bland to some of you people who take it as some sort of course. I know that there is more than one problem that causes this 'ethernal connecting screen' but since my problem is solved im going to have to mark this as solved. If you have any other simerlar problems I would advise messing about with your router set-up until it works.

View in thread

Message 134 of 167 (25,216 Views)

All Replies

PC - crash while loading cutscene then stuck on connecting to online services

★★★ Novice

After completing the mission where we look for "Sumner", I went to see Matthias, but I got a loading screen.

of course, it turned out to be an infinite loading screen, i have to ALT-F4 out of the game.
since then, when i load the game, i am stuck on the "connecting to online services" screen.
there is a very brief message that appears, so quick that we can't read it. I had to record it and slow it down to read it and it says "live content update status: preparing to update".

I'm guessing my account got bugged because of the first crash. and it is in a corrupted state that prevents the game from loading.

tried to delete the profile files in my documents, tried to reinstall the game. nothing worked.

This game is clearly not ready for release !

Message 1 of 167 (24,893 Views)

[PC] Almost 60 hours in and im still stuck in connecting to online services

★★★★ Novice

This is absolutely ridiculous. 

If anyone has a fix, please share.

Message 2 of 167 (24,860 Views)

Re: [PC] Almost 60 hours in and im still stuck in connecting to online services

★★★★ Novice

On PC as well and still having this problem too. At this point I've accepted I won't be able to play this demo. I'll try the open one next weekend and if that one's borked like this one I'm just gonna pass on this game.

Message 3 of 167 (24,847 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hello, unfortunately it looks like we won't be participating in this demo and the only way to get the Vinyl that is available to players of this demo is to get a friend to login and redeem it.

I spoke to EA support multiple times who pointed me in this direction and TWO devs from BioWare with no solutions, my most recent conversation with the dev ended with "good luck hope next weekend works".

We are forgotten about and won't be playing.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/CANNOT-GET-PAST-TITLE-12-HOURS/m-p/7388643#M4257
Message 4 of 167 (24,820 Views)

★ Apprentice
UPDATE: Spoke to third Dev and we got in !!!!!!!!! Solution: Change PC clock date & time to auto and to your timezone, it's an issue with the wrong date & time. PASS IT ON.
Message 5 of 167 (24,807 Views)

Anthem PC Server issue Just Stuck on Connecting to online services issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

just stuck on connecting to online services issue tried everything use vpn use p2p server but same issue.Thanks EA you saved me .you can save my money.its even worse then For Honor Without Dedicated servers so thats your online game..

Message 6 of 167 (25,685 Views)

stuck on connecting to online services (PC)

★★★ Newbie

Its stuck with that on the title screen. I have tried all the basics, change the date/time to auto, verify game files, restart computer. Any help would be appreciated. i54670k w/970 and 16GB Ram

Message 7 of 167 (24,833 Views)

Re: Anthem PC Server issue Just Stuck on Connecting to online services issue

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue too.

Message 8 of 167 (25,554 Views)

Re: Anthem PC Server issue Just Stuck on Connecting to online services issue

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue I left it on over night hoping I would get something different but no luck. This sucks that this is a timed demo but people cant even access the game smh

Message 9 of 167 (25,539 Views)