Re: Out of nowhere, the EXE file has completely dissappeared

by jclifton82

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Out of nowhere, the EXE file has completely dissappeared

★★★ Newbie

Out of nowhere my EXE file has disappeared, and the game won't load.  I never did anything with the game folder, nothing I did could have resulted in removal or deletion of the file.  I tried repairing the game and I tried updating it, and it didn't change anything.  I might have to reinstall it, but I'm afraid that I'll lose my records.  Besides, I shouldn't have to reinstall, this shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Anyone know what might have happened, and how to fix it?

Message 1 of 7 (1,105 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Sarrgeras @jclifton82 

This will likely be a false positive.

In your antivirus software the file can be marked as okay by adding it to the AV softwares' "white list"

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Antivirus-programs-reporting-r5apex-exe-as-malware/m-p/81...

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,021 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Same thing today ... I am impressed EA got into guinness book of records for the most downvoted comment in the history of reddit and i believe this game is a on a good road to be the winner of some wierd record also. I am playing games for like 20+ years and i have NEVER EVER seen a game that uninstalls and removes its exe file by itself. 

The guy that made that happen just won my 20+years contest 

Message 2 of 7 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK, so apparently the reason is that Avast thinks the EXE is a virus.  I tried restoring and adding exception, but Avast just gets rid of it right away anyway.

Message 3 of 7 (1,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I even went to the "exceptions" option in Avast and selected that specific file to be EXCEPTED.  But it went and deleted it again anyway when I tried to load the game.  Avast is useless, and so is EA!

Message 4 of 7 (1,077 Views)

★ Guide

damn you are right, this contest is getting more and more interesting by the minute ... gonna try reinstalling.

BTW why the hell is the download stuck on 2.55mb/sec 

Message 5 of 7 (1,075 Views)

fix the problem R5Apex.exe

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had it today but I solved it let me help you first thing to do is. go to Avast Free Antivirus search for the apex file that you are missing, which you can find in your virus vault. click on more and then click on recount. now you have restored the file. now you have to remove Free Antivirus from your computer or it will happen again. then you have to recount apex, you do it like this go to origin game library click on right mouse button and click on repair now all you have to do is restart your computer and you can play apex again

Message 6 of 7 (1,108 Views)

Community Manager

@Sarrgeras @jclifton82 

This will likely be a false positive.

In your antivirus software the file can be marked as okay by adding it to the AV softwares' "white list"

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Antivirus-programs-reporting-r5apex-exe-as-malware/m-p/81...

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,022 Views)