Out of Sync with server, Apex Legends

by B-U-Down_NFO

Original Post

Highlighted

Out of Sync with server, Apex Legends

★★ Novice

Out of sync issue on Apex Legends.

I love this game and it sucks this is happening.  The first 3 days we're perfect but then out of no where my game had a lag during flights cause it to drop altitude ever 3 seconds then at any given point in the game it will returned me to lobby with the "Out of sync error with server" I have tried everything, I deleted everything post Apex, I lowered all settings and set them back to default, I unistalled, I tried the Orgin repair option, and I tried to look online but there is nothing on the issue being fixed I have not had a game last more then 15 minuets in some time now.  So unless I kill everyone in under 10 minuets there is no possible way of me getting more wins which is why I play.  Please help with this issue EA I know I'm not the only one. 

Message 61 of 120 (14,565 Views)

Re: Error: Out of sync with server (PS4)

★★★ Newbie
its happening to me too on ps4. all the fixes ive seen seem to be specifically for the PC version of the game. This is one of the most irritating issues with this game.
Message 62 of 120 (13,659 Views)

Re: Out of Sync with Server, Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie

im having the same issue wuth top 7 Frown

Message 63 of 120 (14,425 Views)

Out of sync with server, Cant play the Game!

★ Novice

Hey guys,

since yesterday i keep getting crash and return to lobby mid game, withe message  " out of sync with server"

i know there is plenty of topic on the subject but i litteraly tried every "fix possible" even reinstall the game.

i am lvl 99 and never had problem before not a single crash and i didnt change a thing since then.

i tried solo, with team mates ( all of them did new patch we all checked) and as i said above tried everything in every topic, and youtube video on the subject but nothing works.

its every game since yesterday i just can not play the game anymore.

Thanks

Message 64 of 120 (13,608 Views)

Out of sync with server? Here is a guide that will actually fix it!

★★★ Newbie

NOTE: You will need direct access to your router's settings to use this guide. If you're on a school network or piggybacking on someone else's network, this guide can't help. Frown

I've been wrestling with this issue on and off since I started playing, and I've finally pinpointed the issue (Respawn's poor netcode) and a fix. The fix involves your router, and since everyone's router is different, I can only provide generic steps instead of router specific steps. Here are the steps for solving the 'Out of sync with server' disconnect error that plagues us:

1. Log-in to your router (either at 192.168.0.1 if your modem is your router, or at 192.168.1.1 if you use a dedicated router separate from your modem)

2. Find the list of connected devices, identify which device is the one you want to play Apex Legends on, and take note of the MAC address and network address assigned to this device. You can also find this information in command prompt with the command: 'ipconfig /all' if you're doing these steps on the PC you'll be using to play.

3. Disable NAT boost on your router

4. Go to IP & MAC Binding, bind your gaming device's MAC address to the network address that you discovered in step 2.

5. Go to speedtest.net, run a test to determine your network's download and upload rates. It is important to do this step when no-one else is using the network for any other purposes (if possible).

6. Find Bandwidth Control Settings. Enable bandwidth control. Set your network egress to the upload rate from step 5, and your network ingress to the download rate from step 5. Speedtest.net reports your rates in Mbps, many/most routers will ask for ingress/egress in kbps. Simply multiply your Mbps by 1024 to get your rates in kbps. (**the numbers in the steps 7 and 8 aren't exact, but it's what I've found works for me. You can probably play around here to be less strict on the rules for all the devices in your network).

7. Create a rule for the min/max ingress/egress for the device you are playing Apex Legends on. I've set egress min/max to 2048/5120 (the min number can probably be a lot smaller since it's the ingress that's causing the out of sync errors. Ingress min/max is set to 15360/30720. Min ingress will need to be at least 2048 to be safe since at times the game's rate can exceed 1.1Mbps, but I'm just being greedy.

8. Create a rule for the min/max ingress/egress for the rest of the network (make sure your range does not include the specific address you're using for your machine, you may need to create 2 separate ranges to accomplish this). The min for ingress/egress can be set to 0. The max for ingress/egress should be x-y, where x are the rates set in step 6, and y are the min values set in step 7.

9. Reboot your router, and enjoy.

If you're not familiar with changing router settings, your best bet is to identify the make/model of your router and then just google search how to do 'xyz' for each step listed above. Essentially what we've done with these steps is reserve a specific amount of bandwidth for your gaming device that is now dedicated and can't be throttled from other devices in the network using a lot of bandwidth (ie your girlfriend/roommate streaming netflix!) These instructions can be used to fix the error for PC, xbox, and ps4, and the steps all remain the same.

It was this video that got me on the right path to a fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PfFPW9a90w

See you in the circle!

Message 65 of 120 (13,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem as well. I had changed my MAC address before. Reverting to my factory MAC address fixed the issue. Hope this helps! Standard smile

Message 66 of 120 (13,945 Views)

Unable to enter training mode, "Out of sync with server"

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Lil_Miller22
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? N/A
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Trying to enter training area.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to enter training area.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20/02/19
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Went to enter training to practice my aim while waiting for my squad mates. The game went to a loading screen then kicks me saying something like "Out of sync with server."
What should be happening instead? Enter training mode
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.

I went to enter training mode while waiting for my squad to get out of a game. It went to a loading screen then kicked me back to the menu saying I'm "Out of Sync with Server". Is this a known bug for PS4?

Message 67 of 120 (13,707 Views)

★★ Novice

hey , 

i can't believe this game now .  80% of my games i get  " out of sync with server " right when it gets to 3 or 2 squads left . whenever the game is . i get 
"out of sync with server " . i probably wasted half my time playing this game  DCing from games at the end of them . i wish i DC at the start . then i wouldn't have to sit all game playing to dc at the very end . 

This is a very consistent error i am getting . it has nothing to do with my connection , cause everything is just fine . 

Any idea what to do ? 

I really need some help

Message 68 of 120 (13,881 Views)

Out of Sync with Server

★★★ Newbie

Every single time I get to 2-3 squads left, I get kicked with an "Out of Sync with server" error. I have tried everything, turning the texture streaming budget down to nothing, all graphic settings to low, etc. This is EXTREMELY frustrating.

Message 69 of 120 (13,597 Views)

Re: Unable to enter training mode, "Out of sync with server"

★★★ Newbie

Same but I'm on PC. I've never played this game and literally have no idea how to play. Tried to play just a game instead and had no idea what buttons were what and had to leave the match. 

Message 70 of 120 (13,652 Views)