Game crashes due to missing memory, but clearly having enough.

by notVigiI

Original Post

Out of Memory crashes since 1.1.1 update

★★ Novice

Hello,

As of the new 1.1.1 Patch, crashes have seen a rise for my system. However, with the new crash error log, these crashes have been identified as Out of Memory crashes instead of crashing directly to desktop.

I have attached my crash log generated by the application to this message, but I wanted to share some other important details. The dialog window after the game had crashed (was not able to screenshot as my system needed to reboot) stated that Apex Legends had ran out of memory, and was not able to allocate 4.0 MB of memory. Apex Legends was using 2.7 GB of physical memory and ~4.2 GB of virtual memory if my memory serves me correct. The bottom dialog displayed that, at the time of exiting, Apex Legends was utilizing 40% of my on-board memory (8 GB RAM, 2 GB VRAM).

I found this strange, but thought nothing of it initially. However, I continued to get OOM errors across different applications throughout my night. Namely, JAVA VMs running from other games and IDE programs. Eventually, my entire computer required a restart, as no program was capable of being ran without a OOM error or simply crashing. This leads me to suspect the issue is of a memory leak created in the new patch that is continuing after Apex Legends has shut down, and it is only because of this critical suspicion that I am creating this post.

If you would like to know more about anything regarding the circumstances surrounding the crashes, I am more then welcome to post them and follow up with anything requesting. I have also attached a DxDiag printout of my system specifications. To any other users reading this, feel free to comment if you have experienced OOM issues since the new Apex Legends patch.

Thank you for your time.
- Kalikars

Message 1 of 10 (2,185 Views)

Re: Out of Memory crashes since 1.1.1 update

★ Pro
Windows 10 is making this situation more unpleasing because it opens last used programs upon restart and doesnt clear virtual memory by default.. If you are gaming for a couple of hours i would suggest ALT+F4 restart (prevents last used programs from opening) and in Windows local security policies you can "Shutdown: Clear virtual Memory pagefile." put it to enable.. This will cause windows restart to take longer but after your virtual memory has been cleared.. Might also be good to disable automatic page size filing by windows and set it manually to 8-16gb on your ssd (disable it for hard drive).. If you have rapid mode enabled by samsung ssd disable it..

Your GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard only support up to 1333Mhz of ram speed while your ram speed is unspecified in your post. I would suggest not running XMP profile.. The motherboard only has SATA II version and not SATA III so it's not clear to me if you are reaching full potential write/read speeds with your 850 evo.. Make sure it is set to AHCI in the bios and windows TRIM mode is ENABLED.

Set texture streaming budget in apex legends to 1gb instead of 2. If Shader cache is enabled make sure to disable NTFS compression on Nv_cache folder.. You can also disable NTFS compression on Origin install folder/ APex folder.. Ofcourse there are about tens to about a hunder small optimizations u can make but i cannot list them here.. Since so many users have problems with the AMD FX series i feel enclined to advice to look for a better purchase in the future
Message 2 of 10 (2,167 Views)

Apex ran out of memory

★★★ Newbie

Apex crash and appears a message:

"---------------------------
Apex Crash - Out of Memory
---------------------------
Apex crashed because it ran out of memory.

The most common causes of this are:

• "Texture Streaming Budget" is too high in your video settings. Lowering this can help.

• All other programs plus Apex combine to use too much memory. Quitting other programs can help.

• Your Windows page file is set too small. Increasing the page file size can help. (The page file lets Windows move less important memory to disk until it's needed again.)

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
• Apex was using 2.0 GB of physical memory.
• Apex was using 7.1 GB of virtual memory.
• Apex failed to allocate 2.0 MB of memory.

• Your PC has 16.0 GB of memory physically installed.
• Your PC has 128.0 TB of virtual memory (with the page file).
• After Apex exited, your PC memory load is about 28%.

Ctrl+C in this window will copy this message so you can paste it as text.

OK
---------------------------"

Can anyone help?

Message 3 of 10 (2,121 Views)

Game keeps crashing after update PC 7/26/19

★★★ Newbie

I recently installed a graphic update today and for some reason now my game crashes every time i try to play it, now it gives me this error and i have nothing else up while trying to play it. any help would be great

• "Texture Streaming Budget" is too high in your video settings. Lowering this can help.

• All other programs plus Apex combine to use too much memory. Quitting other programs can help.

• Your Windows page file is set too small. Increasing the page file size can help. (The page file lets Windows move less important memory to disk until it's needed again.)

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
• Apex was using 2.0 GB of physical memory.
• Apex was using 4.3 GB of virtual memory.
• Apex failed to allocate 73.6 MB of memory.

• Your PC has 16.0 GB of memory physically installed.
• After Apex exited, your PC memory load is about 70%.

OK

Message 4 of 10 (2,165 Views)

Re: Game keeps crashing after update PC 7/26/19

★★★ Newbie
@Krypt1c_Nexus I'm having the same issue. PC Crashes when I open the game ever since the update. Entire new pc, same problem as with old pc. Crashes on start.
Message 5 of 10 (2,114 Views)

A ERROR MESSAGE

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1050
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? B3RKE_TV
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. idk
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. idk
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 21.08.2019 4:32
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? idk
What should be happening instead? everytime
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? idk

I downloading apex legends and this game said me "%41 playable" and i opened apex legends but;

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
• Apex was using 343.8 MB of physical memory.
• Apex was using 2.2 GB of virtual memory.
• Apex failed to allocate 142.6 MB of memory.

• Your PC has 8.0 GB of memory physically installed.
• After Apex exited, your PC memory load is about 50%.

I cant open Apex legends can anybody help me ?

Message 6 of 10 (2,113 Views)

Need help

★★★ Newbie

So usually I run apex completely fine and very smooth on medium graphics but suddenly when i started my game up today it was very laggy and i looked in my video settings and it says i’m setting a larger streaming budget and that i only have 1977 mb of vram. i’ve tried setting my streaming budget to none but this didn’t help very much. i’m using a gtx 1050 graphics card. Anyone know what’s going on?

Message 7 of 10 (2,093 Views)

My Apex game keeps crashing

★★★ Newbie

Hello, Everytime I try to load up Apex and que into a match this happens:

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
• Apex was using 2.3 GB of physical memory.
• Apex was using 4.9 GB of virtual memory.
• Apex failed to allocate 4.8 MB of memory.

• Your PC has 12.0 GB of memory physically installed.
• After Apex exited, your PC memory load is about 35%.

OK

I need help

Message 8 of 10 (2,057 Views)

Re: Out of Memory crashes since 1.1.1 update

★ Novice

i've been running the game fine since release, now all of a sudden I get Out of memory errors. I've 6Gb of video Ram and 16Gb of Memory. Something has happened since the update

Message 9 of 10 (1,962 Views)

Game crashes due to missing memory, but clearly having enough.

★★★ Newbie

Hello. Game crashes randomly due to me not having enough memory, even though I do. (even the crash report says it below)

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
• Apex was using 2.2 GB of physical memory.
• Apex was using 6.0 GB of virtual memory.
• Apex failed to allocate 512.0 KB of memory.

• Your PC has 8.0 GB of memory physically installed.
• After Apex exited, your PC memory load is about 52%.

Happens randomly, and I don't know how to fix it.

Message 10 of 10 (1,949 Views)