Other options if appeals are declined?

by ImJohnKindred

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Other options if appeals are declined?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have recently received a communication from EA Support, a term I use with some reservation given the absence of any assistance thus far – a circumstance I am unfortunately inclined to believe will persist.

Hello,

We received your latest message regarding the action taken on your account. We have performed all investigations possible on this issue and will not reverse the decision.

Please do not expect further responses on this matter.

Please don’t reply to this email, as we don’t monitor this inbox. If you need more help, visit our website:
https://help.ea.com/help-home/

Think your account was locked, banned, or suspended by mistake? Follow these steps to get information on your account ban:
https://help.ea.com/help/account/information-about-locked-or-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Thank you,
EA Terms of Service

I would like to seek guidance on alternative channels for communication, as my attempts to engage have proven unfruitful. Despite multiple posts, I refrained from expressing anger or frustration. However, it is important to convey my growing dissatisfaction as this marks my third post on the matter. Regrettably, the two prior submissions have been consistently marked as spam.

Three cases concerning the same issue are declined, and my concern lies in there oversight of the context provided. It appears that the focus is solely on verifying the legitimacy of the ban without due consideration of the detailed content of my submissions.

I am open to any constructive assistance or clarification that can be extended in this regard as I am eager for a resolution.

Although uncertain if sharing direct links to my previous posts would facilitate visibility, I will include one for reference, considering both posts were identical. Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

EA Support your attention to this matter will be greatly appreciated. I trust that with your assistance, we can swiftly arrive at a satisfactory resolution. It is disheartening to emphasize, however, that the recurrent challenges with EA Support are becoming increasingly frustrating. The lack of substantial engagement and the repeated oversight of my concerns is truly appalling. I want to emphasize that I have not engaged in any form of cheating. EA Support, this continuous neglect is unacceptable!

[CM - Edited title for clarity]

Message 1 of 21 (25,580 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Support?

Community Manager

Hey @ImJohnKindred,

While I understand why you'd be looking for other avenues, the only team able to review or change account actions would be our Terms of Service team.

It sounds as though you've already filed multiple appeals with them, which would be the only way to have something like this reviewed.

If they've completed multiple investigations and still declined to remove a penalty, I'm afraid that will be final and not something that can be changed in a separate channel either, sorry.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 21 (25,551 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@ImJohnKindred Here for the automated answer hq response that they don’t handle bans and a link to an article for you to do the exact same thing you did previously.
Message 2 of 21 (25,569 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ImJohnKindred,

While I understand why you'd be looking for other avenues, the only team able to review or change account actions would be our Terms of Service team.

It sounds as though you've already filed multiple appeals with them, which would be the only way to have something like this reviewed.

If they've completed multiple investigations and still declined to remove a penalty, I'm afraid that will be final and not something that can be changed in a separate channel either, sorry.

Mako.png
Message 3 of 21 (25,552 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello @EA_Mako,

I want to express my gratitude for your prompt response to my previous inquiries. I understand the challenges associated with reviewing and reversing account actions, as outlined by you. While I respect the decisions made by the Terms of Service team, I am seeking further clarification on certain aspects of the situation.

I acknowledge that my account has been subjected to a ban, and I am genuinely interested in understanding the specific reasons behind this action. In my attempt to gather information, I have raised concerns about the presence of Cheat Engine on my PC (installed but not running while playing any online game - at least to my knowledge) and whether it may be contributing to the issue.

I want to clarify that my intent is not to entirely dispute the ban decision, as I acknowledge EA's right to enforce its Terms of Service. However, I believe that understanding the specific software or elements that led to the ban, as mentioned in Section 6 of the TOS, would be crucial. This information would enable me to uninstall the problematic software and ensure compliance, allowing me to continue enjoying EA's games without violating any terms.

This understanding would not only assist me in addressing the current issue but also in preventing any unintentional recurrence in the future.

I want to emphasize my commitment to fair play and adherence to EA's guidelines. Resolving this matter amicably is important to me, and I hope for any assistance or clarification you can provide in this regard.

I acknowledge the challenges faced by the support team and the limitations in reversing certain decisions. However, I believe that shedding light on the specific details of the violation would enhance my understanding and empower me to take appropriate corrective measures. As saying "Don't expect any further replies" (Cant remember exactly what wa said but something along that line) isnt helping anyone.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I remain open to constructive dialogue and am hopeful for a positive resolution that allows me to continue enjoying EA's greatest game' Apex Legends.

Appreciate your assistance.

Message 4 of 21 (25,343 Views)

★ Novice
@ImJohnKindred I have also been been tested unfairly from ea support. I have had my account banned from the auction house for 3 months. I was banned for trying to complete the jjwatt diamond set.i have sent over 20 messages asking for ea to please help me because my ban was not right. Coin distribution is what I was banned for but I was banned because people with rare cards were selling them higher than usual I didn't know
Message 5 of 21 (25,107 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @ImJohnKindred,

I can understand where you're coming from on that point, however we do not share specific information regarding which particular program was detected or when, as that type of info is extremely valuable to others who would wish to bypass our detection methods.

The broader category for the ban (such as cheating) with general guidelines of what type of behavior that typically entails would be as specific as we're able to get in these types of cases.
Mako.png
Message 6 of 21 (25,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

When my account get hacked, the hacker not only took my email , steam and EA account but also banned the account and ask for multiple review. My account was always open from one place : tunisia and after almost 10 years the accoutn was suddenly opened from china and they let him use a new credit card with new currency ... My currency was always ZAR on EA and suddenly it was TWD... Support didn't even bother to help me because I lost access to my email. Steam support were absolutely the best they helped get my steam account without the need of email. I provide some information and everything was great... EA support weren't helpful and when I finally google helped recovered my email. I spoke with them and they literally told me : the TOS did multiple investigation already and we can't do anything for you... I mean sure , you let a chinese guy open my account without even blocking his access or doing an identity check but also let him spend money from a new credit card with chinese currency that was never used before on my account, let him ban the account and let him abuse your "wonderful and epic" system... I spent over 1000$ on my apex legends account alone and then I got 0 chance to send them all the proof of how my account get hacked : even steam support sent me that my account was compromised ... Now we get here and they will do the same, they will tell you that there is another team for that and that they also can't do anything for you... How about give feedback to the TOS about all these situation and that they need to let people get access to their account and present their case instead of relying on some system that easily can be used by a hacker and get abused ... I have been supporting this company for 10 years, bought many games and all the battlefield series and was a great customer who spend a lot of money on his account... Now I am unable to enjoy my favorite game because some chinese hacker get access to my account and did whatever he want with it... "Indeed the greatest support ever".  They literally killed my passion for gaming. 

Message 7 of 21 (24,389 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Omerta_gambino

It's really disheartening to hear about your unfair experience with EA Support. The inconsistency in handling situations like yours is frustrating, and it's unacceptable that players like us end up facing bans for issues beyond our control. It's essential for the gaming community to advocate for fair and transparent policies. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with these discrepancies.
Message 8 of 21 (24,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happen to me and nothing yet from them i think it not fair

Message 9 of 21 (24,153 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I, too, was recently banned and nothing was even explained to me. My account is about 5 years. I started playing from the release when Apex was only available in Origin.

I have spent a lot of money on it during this time. But now everything is lost because EA is simply ignoring me.

God, I play honestly for 5 years and then I just get banned!

I sent them support cases asking them to help me figure out what happened.

But there is only one answer from EA support : 

"Hello,

We received your latest message regarding the action taken on your account. We have performed all investigations possible on this issue and will not reverse the decision.

Please do not expect further responses on this matter." 

OMG ! ! ! 

And you know what’s even more terrible, that the ban is permanent. IT'S JUST AWFUL ! I'm still in shock that I lost my account and I don't even know why.

This is fundamentally wrong and EA should be more serious about supporting its users and not give permanent bans for trivial errors in their systems!

Message 10 of 21 (23,201 Views)