Other means to transfer game data?

by XianKuma

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Other means to transfer game data?

★★★ Newbie

Long story short, I play on an Iphone. I lost my old gamecenter ID which my SWGOH account was linked to. Is there anyway, I can take my current game data and link it to something else in order to transfer the data to a new Iphone without having to log into my game center ID which has been forgotten? 

Please help. I have been playing for over 4 years. I dont want to lose my hard work! 

Message 1 of 4 (505 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Other means to transfer game data?

Community Manager

@XianKuma We would need information from your account to get your progress moved over to a new device, their are some workarounds, shared in the post detailing how to move your account. 

If you still run into issues, then we will want to speak with an advisor to see if anything else can be done for your old account, I know having your old accounts ally code or player ID will be needed. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (462 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@XianKuma We would need information from your account to get your progress moved over to a new device, their are some workarounds, shared in the post detailing how to move your account. 

If you still run into issues, then we will want to speak with an advisor to see if anything else can be done for your old account, I know having your old accounts ally code or player ID will be needed. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for letting me know there are options. I do have all my info needed. I am now wondering if there might be a more simple fix. Is there a way to disconnect the old apple ID game center from the account so I can connect it to my actual Apple ID? I think that would be the best possible way. That way when I do get my new device in the next month or so, I can make the transfer easily. 

I do also update my information regularly on SWGOH.gg If that helps at all. 

Message 3 of 4 (451 Views)

Community Manager
@XianKuma Unfortunately there would not be a method to unlink to the game progress to another account, once the game is linked to an external account it is linked to that account.

You can switch between accounts or use a guest account by hitting the sign-out option once linked, but we are unable to move that progress around.

Illium.png

Message 4 of 4 (422 Views)