Origins account hacked and Apex ban

by doomy6000

Original Post

Origins account hacked and Apex ban

★★★★ Novice

I have been trying to reach out to ea over every form of media and have gotten zero help. My account got hacked and they banned my apex account. I recovered the account but need support for my apex account. Someone please help. I have used twitter and created a case and have gotten no response. 

Message 1 of 10 (654 Views)

Re: Origins account hacked and Apex ban

★★★★★ Apprentice

@doomy6000try to catch live support at their times. They should fix fast anything.

Message 2 of 10 (639 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@iDontFear  They only support you can get for this issue is the TOS team. They only take emails and wont communicate with you. There is no 2 way communication its only 1 way. 

Message 3 of 10 (584 Views)

Hey @doomy6000 

Glad to hear you already have recovered your account.
To make sure your account is as secure as possible, check out these Account security tips:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/

If you got banned, you best reach out to the Terms of Service team, yes this can only be done by mail.
When you have sent this mail, they will review your case, this could take a couple of days.

They try to reply within 5 business days, but this could take longer due to increased safety measures being put in place.
More info:https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/IMPT-Support-Options-Update/m-p/8864075#M67484

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 10 (562 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Zeelmaekers Ya I got the account secured, phone verification, and changed the email. EA really needs to review their policies/wording on their website. The help.ea.com states that the TOS team "Will contact you within 72 hours." You stated 5 days which is the third time table I have been told. The online chat reps like to state it could take up to 10 days. No one is on the same page and the statements in black and white on the ea sites are not followed.

Message 5 of 10 (540 Views)

Hey @doomy6000 

Glad everything is secure.
About the time that the ToS reply's, don't take my word over an EA advisor word.

I'm just a volunteer providing you with the information to get you on the right path, I don't have the latest information on when the ToS will reply if an Advisor says it could be 10 days, it will probably closer to that, I base myself on the EA help page "When you'll hear from us" and latest support article that I linked you Standard smile

This is new for everyone and I think no one can really predict when a reply will be sent out, just check your mailbox every day, it will be there someday. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 6 of 10 (528 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Zeelmaekers If your basing it off the EA help page for banned or suspended accounts it is 3 days or less. They just dont follow the statements they put out. 

Message 7 of 10 (506 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @doomy6000

According to the article on bans or suspensions over at the EA Help website, the TOS team will try to get back to you within 5 business days after you reach out to them, but that's not always possible. The length of an investigation can vary on a case by case basis. 

If you've already reached out to the TOS team that's all you need to do for now. They will follow up with you via email as soon as they can, so keep an eye out for a response at your email. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (464 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent Like I have said EA doesn't even follow their own policies, because they either don't know them, have them, or there are multiple policies that go against each other. Honestly EA has the worst customer service of any company I have ever needed support from. It is just sad and disappointing. Whats the worst part is that EA knows this and hasn't made the effort to improve.

Message 9 of 10 (434 Views)

★ Novice

I've also been locked out of my Origin account for the last week. I submitted a ticket last Saturday, and have received absolutely no response. If I check "My cases" on the help site, the "last updated" date on it keeps getting new timestamps, but I haven't gotten any emails, nor can I see any updates on the help site itself (I can't even see the info I originally put into the ticket, so I'm not sure if that's on purpose or if the site is broken). I've checked spam folders, just in case, but I haven't even gotten the confirmation email that they received my case (though it's in the list of "my cases" on the site). I feel like any info on this ticket is disappearing into a black hole.

If the ToS team wants more info from me or anything, I'm happy to provide it, but I sure hope they're not asking and thinking I'm ghosting them, since I'm not getting any messages.

Message 10 of 10 (391 Views)