Origin update error - first time download

by richytime

Original Post

Origin update error - first time download

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to download origin for the first time. The download seems to go ok then I get the following error when I try to open origin.

UPDATE ERROR. Your update could not be completed. Please download and install the latest version of Origin.

I've never used Origin before and I've just purchased my first game and I can't even download it because I can't get origin to install properly. 

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Message 1 of 9 (1,856 Views)

Re: Origin update error - first time download

★★★ Newbie
I am having the exact same problem and would also like to know how to fix this. I'm not happy that I just spent $40 on a game that I can't download due to this error.
Message 2 of 9 (1,712 Views)

★★ Novice

having problem too after i just bought battlefield 3 waste of money

Message 3 of 9 (1,661 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm using Win 8. Seems to work on an old laptop with Vista, and used it before with Win 7. Is it just an OS thing?

Message 4 of 9 (1,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is not good. I'm trying to play Simcity. And the app is not downloading at all.... Same exact issue.

Message 5 of 9 (801 Views)

★★ Expert

@Hayko3355 doesn't download from http://origin.com/download?

Message 6 of 9 (794 Views)

★ Novice

Also having the exact same issue on one of my machines.

Usually I can get to the bottom of these things but this one has me stumped, reinstalled and what not several times always the same error.

Its a clean install of windows 7 too Frown

Message 7 of 9 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Hayko3355 restart your modem/router,but modem first and reset your router.

#ensure that your Firewall and/or Antivirus are not blocking the connection. The easiest way would be adding an exception for the Origin Client,

You need to do this> add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/#1

#make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights.

NOTE If your download does not start or stops you need to checked in Origin/Application Settings/Advanced/Safe Mod Downloading-checked Enable Safe Mod Downloading
Greetings

@yahel_1

I am just a gamer wich trying to help another gamer.
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to Mess'up the whole system. ""Don't fixit with it if it ain't broken!""

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.- Ask, and it shall be given you.

Retired champion.
Message 8 of 9 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Bungz make sure you have installed Origin and...

i think you can try a Clean Boot In this case, they can be eliminated as the source of the problem.

-you need to press the key combination: “Windows Key + R”;
In the “Run” window, type the message “msconfig” without quotes;
-you need to left click on the “OK” button;
Select “General” tab, from the toolbar and chose the feature called “ Selective startup”;
-uncheck the box found in the left of the message: “ Load startup items”;
Select “Service” tab, from the toolbar;
-check the box in the left of message: “Hide all Microsoft services”;
Left click on the “Disable all” button, found on the lower-right side of the window;
Left click on the “OK” button;
-a new message box will prompt on your display. Left click on the “Restart” button in order to restart your operating system.

NOTE save any open files and close all programs before restarting your computer.

Greetings

@yahel_1

I am just a gamer wich trying to help another gamer.
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to Mess'up the whole system. ""Don't fixit with it if it ain't broken!""

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.- Ask, and it shall be given you.

Retired champion.
Message 9 of 9 (774 Views)