Re: Origin security issue? Banned without my fault

by Dimon1777

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin security issue? Banned without my fault

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Today I tried to log in and got a message that my account is being used on other PC (which is not possible, I didn't tell password to anyone). Then I immidiatly changed it, entered the game and found myself in a ranked match and got "banned" message in 5 sec. After 2nd attemt I found out that all my Apex coins are gone too.

I thought that big company like EA should have some kind of security protocol if account is being accessed from new PC (an email verification for example).

The potential hacker can also access my credit card info. That is unaceptable.

I aslo issued unban request, but got no answer from support.

Just to be perfectly clear, I did not cheat. I'm not dumb to risk my account with sKins, battlepass, coins and all the work I have put into it. If I wanted to cheat, I would create a smurf account and cheat on it. EA support can check IP logs etc.

Message 1 of 4 (522 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

Hey @Dimon1777 

Sorry to hear you got banned.

Because you say that your account might be compromised, I recommend you to contact an EA advisor.
They will make sure that your account is secure again and you have added security features activated on your account if you wish to activate them.

You can also with the same ticket create a ban appeal with that EA Advisor, that will be sent to the Terms of Service for review. They will investigate your account and take the appropriate action.
Click here to contact an EA Advisor. 

This is the best way to get this situation sorted. Standard smile

About the security issues, even if your account got hijacked, Payment information is protected and not directly visible, so don't worry but keep an eye out just to make sure.

EA Provides extra account security features that can be enabled for example F2a. It's the last line of defense even when you clicked on a keylogger, just make sure your antivirus scans every once in a while and don't enter your account information anywhere else than on the EA Websites.

More information: EA Help - How to help manage your account security and safety

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (473 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Hey @Dimon1777 

Sorry to hear you got banned.

Because you say that your account might be compromised, I recommend you to contact an EA advisor.
They will make sure that your account is secure again and you have added security features activated on your account if you wish to activate them.

You can also with the same ticket create a ban appeal with that EA Advisor, that will be sent to the Terms of Service for review. They will investigate your account and take the appropriate action.
Click here to contact an EA Advisor. 

This is the best way to get this situation sorted. Standard smile

About the security issues, even if your account got hijacked, Payment information is protected and not directly visible, so don't worry but keep an eye out just to make sure.

EA Provides extra account security features that can be enabled for example F2a. It's the last line of defense even when you clicked on a keylogger, just make sure your antivirus scans every once in a while and don't enter your account information anywhere else than on the EA Websites.

More information: EA Help - How to help manage your account security and safety

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 4 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Zeelmaekers, thank you for replying, but there is another serious issues I would like you to pay close attention to.

I'm not yet unbanned, the case is "in progress". I'm resuming this topic because while playing on my secondary account I keep getting the messages that account is being used on other PC, which is impossible, because i changed my password and set the EA login verification to ON (only my PC is confirmed using email verificaton code). I also checked my PC for all sorts of viruses, keylogers etc. with 3 kinds of software.

Please pass to EA that there might be a serious leak in origin security protocols.

Message 3 of 4 (316 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Today I contacted EA support by issuing another case, but this time with "hacked account" topic. There was a live chat option. Huge thanks to Arabela B. for helping me solve this Ban thing. She sent the info to the studio, so they can unban my account. As for the issue i mention in previous post, she didn't see any suspisious activity on ther other account, so let's assume it's just another Origin weird bug.I'll post here when they unban me.

Message 4 of 4 (286 Views)