Origin "deleted" my product key

by Dana_Olson

Original Post

Origin "deleted" my product key

★★★ Newbie

So after much frustration at EA's implementation of a non-email based customer service I have decided to ask the community, since those who work behind the computers at Electornic Arts do not like to get dirty and help solve their own problems; but I digress.  What happened recently (10 minutes ago) was that I had purchased through Gamestop's wonderful app (-.-) a copy of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Bundle since it was on sale.  After purchasing the game I decided that I would add the game to my Origin library in order to better organize my numerous games and limit my "proxy" programs to just Origin and Steam.

---

Before we go any further let me state that I have done this exact same process in the past with Battlefield 3 with NO problems, absolutely none and that buying a game through Gamestop's App is in no way an obligation to use their system to install and run my game since it's the same exact concept as going to the store itself and adding a game key to your Steam/Origin library from the boxed version you physically bought.

---

I though that all would go well until *ERROR* Origin decided that it could not process my action and that I should try again later.  This would be perfectly fine as systems like this are always faulty to an extent, but when I entered the key again as Origin suggested *ERROR* "This code has already been used."  Now this again is not that big of a deal for me since I know eventually it would get sorted out, but what I have a problem with is that there is no way in order for me, the customer, who has essentially paid for the license/rights to use and play your game to get in touch with someone who may directly help my current situation but instead must wade through an interview-like process which treats me like I am an infant with no understanding of your customer support page including but not limited to: Lack of EMAIL communication between employee/customer, asking me at every corner whether or not I have used the FAQ page, asking to basically wait forever or miss my chance at video-chatting with a "representative" who would probably give me the same 'talk" as your customer support page, and basically forcing me to ask my peers how to fix a problem that only you (throughout this email I have been primarily addressing EA) could solve.

I really hope that after this is resolved we can go back to wallet-parasite-host relationship that is your service.

- Dana L. Olson

Message 1 of 1 (199 Views)