Re: Origin "Hours Played" will not update for The Sims 4

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin "Hours Played" will not update for The Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Origin will not keep track of my "hours played" for The Sims 4...

It is stuck on 15 Hours and Last Played August 26, 2015, which is very inaccurate as I have a severe addiction to this amazing game. I tried all the solutions I could find on the internet (clearing the cache, switching from Beta to normal, re installing origin, repairing my game) but nothing works.. When I open Origin in-game it does count the hours and minutes of the play session. It seems like this is just a bug for Mac users like me, has anyone found a real solution?

This bug has been annoying me for a while now and it annoys me even more that it seems to have been a problem for multiple users for a few years already..

Message 1 of 21 (3,148 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

We have introduced some changes on Origin which should make the hours you play start registering properly in the Hours Played/Last Played sections. Standard smile

If you give it a try, we would love to know if it's working for you now!

Thanks,
-Mai

View in thread

Message 9 of 21 (2,009 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@YvinatorElite

Hi,

This is a bug that we're aware of, but at the moment there are other high-priority bugs and updates in Origin that need our attention. However, we will still do our very best to get to this bug as soon as possible.

Message 2 of 21 (3,100 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this same problem and while I realize there are higher priority things to get too, it's really annoying to see a glaring bug in my face every time I try to start the game. 

It's been over a year... already.

Message 3 of 21 (2,698 Views)

★★ Apprentice

April 2018, the problem is still existing. EA will probably never solve this..

Message 4 of 21 (2,383 Views)

@simmy2103

Does it make your game unplayable?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 21 (2,373 Views)

★ Novice

No, the game’s not unplayable, but I hit my limit when I recently got a new laptop & signed into the Origin app on my the Mac & started my game. I was completely FLOORED to see that although I’d signed into my account that I use at least once a week, the game hadn’t saved since 2016!! September, to be exact. So.. here I am, staring horrified & francticly at two different libraries on two different laptops (one of which is severely failing) & have no remote idea on how to sync years worth of information, that’s ALREADY supposed to be on ONE account. I can’t believe EA & it’s “gurus” haven’t fixed this but can absolutely find a way to charge us for 5 new things each month. I mean like, years worth of data potentially lost. Uploads that definitely impact & further the longevity of your business model. It feels... disrespectful? Anyway, needless to say I’ll be taking a bit of a break while I decide if I’m really going to start from scratch. Somebody give me a ring if the guru’s ever fix this!? Though, I won’t be holding my breath. 

Message 6 of 21 (2,215 Views)

@stlilyluxe

Hours played in Origin, which doesn’t update properly, has nothing to do with your saved games. Why not copy your saves from your old machine onto your new one?

On your old machine go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and copy your saves folder onto an external drive/upload to cloud based storage. Do the same with your Mods folder, if applicable, and your Tray folder. Now copy/download those folders over to the same location on your new machine.

Let me know if you need any further instructions or clarification Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 21 (2,207 Views)

★★ Novice
It's just plain rude of them to take our money...and insist we play and update online...and then not bother to address the issues. I have had 3 months break..and now two nights in a row it is doing an update for over an hour....after last night I thought okay that's done...now it's doing it again! Bah!
Message 8 of 21 (2,184 Views)

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

We have introduced some changes on Origin which should make the hours you play start registering properly in the Hours Played/Last Played sections. Standard smile

If you give it a try, we would love to know if it's working for you now!

Thanks,
-Mai
Message 9 of 21 (2,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem after playing Apex Legends, now it doesn't work for other games, the "played hours" and "last played" just freezed -_-

Message 10 of 21 (1,890 Views)