Origin overlay disabled

by Mechaet

Original Post

my origin overlay won't open

★ Novice

ok, well, here goes. so i have 2 problems, 1: is that when i do enable my overlay, when i enter a match, the cursor appears and stays in the middle of the screen.. when i attempt to move said cursor to look around, the cursor does move however almost instantly snaps back to the middle of the screen, the problem is for some reason when this happens i am unable to look around.

the other problem, 2: when i do enable the overlay to buy something (i've checked all boxes relating to overlay, uninstalled all versions of MSI afterburner and closed all programs), instead of open the overlay it says it's disabled. help with this topic would be greatly appreciated..

Message 11 of 41 (4,287 Views)

When I try and buy something in Titanfall 2, it says origin overlay disabled

★★★ Newbie

Basically, i want legion Prime, and i try and buy it and it says origin overlay disabled. I've tried to check game properties and it says origin in game is enabled and i went to origin settings and that is fine. I have no idea what to do.

Message 12 of 41 (4,288 Views)

Re: Origin overlay disabled

★★ Novice

I mean its EA, shouldnt the sole knowledge that players cant spend money for the game for cosmetics be enough for them to immediately fix the problem? Its * annoying as hell

Message 13 of 41 (4,257 Views)

Re: my origin overlay won't open

★ Novice
I've desabled the Discord overlay and after a restar it worked
Message 14 of 41 (4,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That line is not in those files for me. I searched the exact line using CTRL F in the files, no luck.
Message 15 of 41 (4,054 Views)

★ Novice

i dont have blablabla.xml file

Message 16 of 41 (3,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

My problem was solved by creating an exception in Avast for Origin folder AND Titanfall 2 folder.

Hope this helps.

Message 17 of 41 (3,860 Views)

★ Novice

If you use Avast antivirus just deactivate Avast when buying the skin. I had the same problem but doing this simple step it got fixed Standard smile

Message 18 of 41 (3,702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks sooo much ampier this worked for me as well Wink

(Exclusion in Avast)

Message 19 of 41 (3,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I managed to fix it by adding the exception of:

C:\Users\(Your user)\AppData\Roaming\Origin\*

in the antivirus (mine was Avast)