Origin games not downloading or updating only "queued"

by O_AhJian

Original Post

Re: Origin Download error/queued/paused - THE SOLUTION

EA DICE Team

@alyssastormblood

Could you please elaborate on your current issue, and steps you've taken to try and resolve it?

Message 61 of 172 (2,028 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Sure, it started with one of the patches for Dragon Age Inquisition. I opened a case and I was told to uninstall the game and then reinstall it. But I couldn't like with updating it just says its Queued but if I go look at the Queue list nothing's there. At first, I thought it was just DAI so I tried with a Demo, the same thing happened. 

So far I have done the fellowing: cleared Origin cache, clean boot, flushed DNS, reinstall Origins in safe mode with networking, tried downloading the game on a different Admin account and manually uninstalling Origins and reinstalling it in safe mode with networking.

I just hope something works, I put a lot of money into my PC for DAI and I still can't play it 

Message 62 of 172 (2,018 Views)

EA DICE Team

@alyssastormblood

Strange that it still isn't working for you then. Are you running any sort of security software on your system?

Also not sure in which order you've taken the steps, but please try the following order once more:

Message 63 of 172 (2,008 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Sorry, for not getting back to you right away.  Yes I run webroot, I also tried the steps you asked and it still didn't work, I believe I've been asked to try that before, but with all the things I've tried, I don't know anymore.

Message 64 of 172 (1,994 Views)

EA DICE Team

@alyssastormblood

Could you run an Origin Error Reporter and post the ID # in this thread? It would allow me to take a closer look for you.

Message 65 of 172 (1,983 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Sure, I did one the other day regarding, this the number ID is 0b6e4125900715b5

Message 66 of 172 (1,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@alyssastormblood

Thanks for adding that.

I've send your Origin Error Report over to the Origin team for investigation. As soon as they have further information available I will update you.

I am sorry that this is taking so long - I hope that we can have you back in-game soon!

UPDATE: 

In the Error Report we found reference to your Origin client being offline. Could you confirm if your client is online, or offline? If you aren't sure then you can select Origin -> Go Offline / Go Online.

Message 67 of 172 (1,968 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

I checked and it says Origin is online. I'm just happy something is being done even if it takes a while.

Message 68 of 172 (1,670 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Finally. This. Works.

Message 69 of 172 (1,662 Views)

EA DICE Team

@alyssastormblood

Hope we can get it sorted for you.

As you can tell from the comment below yours, the steps listed in this thread work for other players. We're therefore still trying to figure out why they don't work for you.

Message 70 of 172 (1,654 Views)