Origin games not downloading or updating only "queued"

by O_AhJian

Original Post

Re: Origin games not downloading or updating only "queued"

★ Novice

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It actualy worked. Its updating all of my games like normal now thank you 

Message 31 of 172 (5,392 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just followed the above advice about where the installers are located (they weren't in their default locations for whatever reason) so I reset that and things FINALLY work. It's been months on end. My games themselves are on a different drive then the installers in case anyone was wondering or had a similar problem. 

Message 32 of 172 (5,373 Views)

★★ Novice

It doesn't work :/

Message 33 of 172 (5,372 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done everything that any of you guys said and still says queued..

Message 34 of 172 (5,369 Views)

★★ Novice

have you tried deleting origin cache ? this problem is related to Origin Client  .

try this one , it's posted allready on page 2 but ...

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/

Message 35 of 172 (4,769 Views)

Origin downloads stuck in queue, don't show up in download queue

★ Novice

Today, all of my downloads have stopped working, for no known reason.

Earlier, I had no issues downloading Dragon Age: Inquisition, and assorted DLC (I downloaded the game first, then the DLC after some play time), but now, after running into a major bug with the game and needing to update, all my downloads have resulted in a messaged telling me it is queued, with nothing showing in the download queue itself.

I have tried everything I could find, including:

-Reinstalling Origin with the latest version, after a manual uninstall and a clean boot, with administrator rights.

-Changing my UAC settings to maximum and repeating the above

-Changing settings of Safe Mode Downloading in Origin settings

I also attempted to change my game installer directory, which I heard might be a potential source of the issue, however no matter where I change it to I get the same result. However, when I try to change the directory back to its default, I get a message telling me the directory is invalid, despite it being the same as the start. I have tried deleting said directory and reopening Origin, deleting it and manually creating it again, and still nothing works.

I am at my wits end over this, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 36 of 172 (5,075 Views)

Re: Origin downloads stuck in queue, don't show up in download queue

EA DICE Team

@SexRobomb

Downloads getting stuck in a queue are usually caused by a program conflicting with Origin, such as an anti-virus or firewall. A clean boot and running as admin would be your first options here, but as you experienced, some programs will not be shut down even in a clean boot. Please check your anti-virus and firewall manually, and if needed temporarily disable or uninstall them. Make sure you reboot Origin afterwards.

Another option would be to turn on Safe Mode Download in Origin via the Origin menu, Application Settings, Advanced.

As for your game directory, please make sure that at least Origin is in the same disc as your Windows installation. It is then also recommended to put your Origin Games folder in that same directory.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Message 37 of 172 (5,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This actually worked! Thank you so much ily (no *)

Message 38 of 172 (4,634 Views)

★ Novice

my brother I have same problem

I was open windows services and windows event viewer disabled...

its worked... I have not problem Standard smile 

I can not speak english but try pls Standard smile

Message 39 of 172 (4,611 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks alot +EA David, it really worked! But my download is really slow still, and even though it says there's only about 4 hours left, I've been waiting for almost half an hour and it's only downloaded 1%

Message 40 of 172 (4,386 Views)