Origin games not downloading or updating only "queued"

by O_AhJian

Original Post

Re: Origin Download error/queued/paused - THE SOLUTION

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Noahmnat

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through all this trouble to get it working. But I'm really glad to hear that in the end you've managed to download your games. I hope that you're enjoying Battlefield 1!

Looking at your description it might be possible that you needed to refresh your host files, which a fresh Windows installation would do. How to do that is listed in the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p/5019298

Do let me know if you've got any further questions.

Message 91 of 172 (1,631 Views)

★★★ Novice

it's no problem, it's a part of PC gaming we all have to live with, and I am having a great time in it thanks! just want to say that EA support were amazingly friendly and helpful even though they didn't manage to pinpoint my issue on first contact - big thanks to you guys!

hope this thread helps anyone else who shares this issue, cheers! Standard smile

Message 92 of 172 (1,625 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Noahmnat

Thank you for your kind message - and it's great to hear that you're enjoying Battlefield 1!

If you're up for a further chat in the future, then we would love to have you over on the newly opened Origin community forums:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Cheers,

Message 93 of 172 (1,599 Views)

Re: Origin games not downloading or updating only "queued"

★ Novice

I'm having same problem, not downloading but showing up in my tray. I've been seeing where every one is suggesting a clean boot, I had mine set back to factory,you can't get any cleaner then that and it still won't work.I think the only shot I have left is run it as a administrator .

Message 94 of 172 (2,425 Views)

EA DICE Team

@sudderncmfrt58

You can find several more suggestions in the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Complete-Support-Origin/td-p/5946935

I hope that helps!

Message 95 of 172 (2,403 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't believe that even after 2 years Origin has not found a way to fix this. I am a console Battlefield 1 player that is trying to play Battlefield 1 on PC which I payed $60 for but I can't because every time I install any game on Origin all it says is "Download In Queue". I have tried literally everything and I am not sure what to do at this point. I have looked through every video on youtube, looked through every forum I could find and they all say the same thing and none of it works for me. I have tried restarting my PC, reinstalling origin, running it in beta, clearing my caches, clean boots, running as administrator, internet ports and none of it has worked for me. I have even done all of those steps like 3 times just to make sure I didn't do it wrong and still nothing. I am wondering if anyone has an extra solution that has worked for them recently because I don't want to wait half a year until this thing fixes itself. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Message 96 of 172 (2,369 Views)

★★ Novice

I've this problem too since one week now and i've tried all the solution given by EA. Nothing work !!!!

The definitive solution : reinstall Windows (10 for me) ... It's incredible ! Steam works perfectly with no bug, GOG and Uplay also and Origin = BUG !

I'm very surprised that EA doesn't care ... I've already opened a support ticket but .... NOTHING !

I'm a PC player and i've bought my games and for example I can't play FIFA 17 because update is needing !

So What ? I'll reinstall Windows every time Origin will crash ??????? It's a JOKE !!!

EA, if you're reading this message : please take care of your application.

Disappointed :-(

Message 97 of 172 (2,290 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Vador76

Hi,

If you're experiencing any issues with Origin then we would like to get to the bottom of it!

Are you running any firewall, anti-virus or anti-malware programs on your system?

Message 98 of 172 (2,279 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Problem resolved :-) 

I'll explain what I do :

- After searching on support, i've seen that some Windows Update could do this problem. So, I've checked my Windows version and see that i'm in Windows 10 1645 and see that there is a 1703.

- I've updated my Windows to this version and Origin works now

So my advice will be : be sure that you have not a conflict between Windows update and Origin.

Microsoft + EA = BUG :-)

Hope it'll help some others people.

Message 99 of 172 (2,268 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Vador76

Thanks so much for sharing! :-) 

Happy to hear that it's working again for you.

Cheers,

Message 100 of 172 (2,256 Views)