Re: Origin download drops back without reason.

by MLadyD7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin download drops back without reason.

★★★ Newbie

I am downloading Battlefield 3 through Origin. Hopefully it got to 91% without a problem, but suddenly the percentage dropped back to 70% with no reason. I thought this might be an insignificant bug, so I kept downloading. But again, when it reached 80% the download status decreased to 69% out of nowhere. I do not understand why this is happening and how I can troubleshoot. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

-OD

Message 1 of 4 (1,641 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Hi There!

Try this & see if it helps!

- Launch Origin and log in with your account

- Click Origin in the top left (main menu)

- Select Application Settings

- From General tab, scroll down to "Update to the beta version if available" and tick the checkbox

- Restart Origin

This should fix any looping or stuck downloads.

Good Luck!

:smileyhappy:

----------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,844 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi There!

Try this & see if it helps!

- Launch Origin and log in with your account

- Click Origin in the top left (main menu)

- Select Application Settings

- From General tab, scroll down to "Update to the beta version if available" and tick the checkbox

- Restart Origin

This should fix any looping or stuck downloads.

Good Luck!

:smileyhappy:

----------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

Message 2 of 4 (1,845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

did not help. plz offer another soln.

Message 3 of 4 (1,377 Views)

EA Staff

If you now have the latest Beta version of the client then under Advanced options in Application settings you should have an option for Safe mode downloading. Try enabling that option and check if the issue still occurs. Please note that download speed will be much slower, but it should avoid the download progress reverting.

Message 4 of 4 (1,364 Views)