Re: Origin can't contact the DRM servers

by ScarecrowsNox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin can't contact the DRM servers

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello,

First, i've been in contact with the french tech support already but they were unable to help me (they tried).

Here is what i tried

-Launch in save mode (with msconfig and with windows boot options)

-Launch origin with admin rights

-Launch origin with root session

-Open required ports

-Disabling firewall (even uninstalling it, but it was useless with the safe boot mode)

-Reinstalling the game and origin after clearing the origin cache

fail

Which can be translated by "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO EA SERVERS TO ACTIVATE BF1"

So here we go, since last BF1 update, the Origin most used's DRM is not working anymore.

Here is how it is : 

Licenses are supposed to be stored in : \ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License

Right now, i can launch BF1 incursions, but if delete all the files in this folder and restart Origin, i will not be able to start it, because the cached license was removed and Origin cannot contact the DRM server.

Here are the logs from ProgramData\Origin\Logs\bf1_1026023_OnlineActivation_Log.html 

1	[16:03:00 GMT]	Info	Core::CoreLogger	Open	V4.11.04.26 - Log C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs\bf1_1026023_OnlineActivation_Log Opened 2/5/2018 - [16:03:00 GMT]
2	[16:03:21 GMT]	Info			License Request Server HTTP response code=408
3	[16:03:21 GMT]	Info			License Request Server response state code=4
4	[16:03:21 GMT]	Error			Problem encountered obtaining license. Server code 408, OS error code 12002

When using Microsoft Networking Monitor we can see it's (ActivationUI.exe) trying to contact the IP 1.1.1.1, which seems to be the problem here, could be a DNS problem or idk what.

wrongip

I tried using Google's DNS and my ISP, but it didn't fix it.

When checking for address in activationui.exe with an hex editor i found this one : https://secure.download.dm.origin.com/checkout/OOA/%1.html (where %1 is a formating atribute, so just ignore it)

ping

And it doesn't resolve the wrong IP

And as asked on origin's website, here is the tracert

tracert

AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT ASK ME TO DO THIS MSINFO THING BECAUSE ITS USELESS HERE EVEN THE SAFEMODE IS NOT FIXING IT, AND IT STOPPED WORKING AFTER THE LAST BF1 UPDATE

Thank you.

Edit : i can launch incursion because the license is cached, however, i can't launch BF4/BF1

Message 1 of 3 (771 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

whatever, tech support was not able to help, * this *

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (827 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

whatever, tech support was not able to help, * this *

Message 2 of 3 (828 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've got the same issue, looks like Origin does not work when used under CloudFlare DNS... What a joke...
Please retweet so they see that
https://twitter.com/The_Real_Nox/status/989070690665066496

Message 3 of 3 (675 Views)