Origin app and game purchase code

by Solilo14

Original Post

Origin app and game purchase code

★★ Novice

Hi,

I have just purchased the Sims 4 digital deluxe edition via the origin app. I have received the confirmation email with a link to download the latest version of origin. I did just that and when I opened my game library on the app the game was not there. I then checked my account via internet this time and saw the game. I tried starting it but it asked the game product code and have no idea where it is. How can I download the game on the origin app and where do I get the game's purchase code?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (336 Views)

Re: Origin app and game purchase code

Community Manager

@Solilo14 If you are not seeing it in the Origin app then it may be a case that you have logged into the wrong account or you need to clear the Origin cache.

You can find your product code by clicking on the game tyle and then selecting options where you will see it. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (291 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi and thanks for the reply,

I have been trying to delete the 'DownloadCache' folder by putting it in the bin (I am on a mac) but whenever I empty the bin it just comes right back in the origin folder.
What can I do?
Message 3 of 6 (281 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi again,
I managed to delete the download cache but it still says I am invisible on the origin app and I still can't see my game.
Message 4 of 6 (278 Views)

Community Manager

To clear the cache on a Mac can you, 

1. Open your local hard drive.
    • Macs have two library folders: a root level folder and a user level library folder (~). Follow the root level folder.
  2. Open the Library folder.
  3. You can either use the keys Command ⌘ + Shift + G or use Finder > Go > Go to Folder.
  4. Open the Application Support folder, then open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete the DownloadCache folder.
  6. Empty your Trash.

Darko.png
Message 5 of 6 (275 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi again,
I managed to delete the download cache but I still can't see my game. I tried re-downloading Origin and now it says that the servers are down.

Message 6 of 6 (241 Views)