Re: Origin and titanfall 2 downloads problem

by RamosRiot2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin and titanfall 2 downloads problem

★★★ Newbie

HI !! I just bought titanfall 2 and  was ready to download and install the game. However, for the first time origin is giving alot of trouble by downloading  this game.  My download is only to 20 % after 6 hours, this is not normal. Here was is going on :  The download decide to randomly stop after a couple of minute and start back and drop and start back and drop again. Origin is always trying to calculate how many time left there is for the download to finis but it stay stuck on that until it restart. I did restart origin a couple of time, restart my whole internet connection, restart my computer, Trying by switching to the beta version of origin didnt really change anything. I know that i can take out my connection out of that problem cause i have no problem playing online video game and even made a test by checking if steam had any game to update and everything was fine on that part. Titanfall 2 is not my only on my library, but it is the first one to do that. 

So please if anyone had any idea of what i could do that will be very usefull. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (1,867 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@tam148 Hi, can you try restarting Origin as an administrator and check again? You may also wish to (temporarily) disable your anti-virus as a test, too. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,226 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@tam148 Hi, can you try restarting Origin as an administrator and check again? You may also wish to (temporarily) disable your anti-virus as a test, too. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,227 Views)

Slow Download for Titanfall 2 only?

★ Novice

Hi, so I recently purchased Origin Access to play some games, and most have been fine. Spore, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Mass Effect and Simcity 4 all download really fast around 14MB/s. But then there's Titanfall 2. Which downloads at anywhere from 5MB/s to 1MB/s some times it goes to like 12MB/s but not for long and it ends up tanking it to 0B/s for a long time or until I pause and unpause. and it's only with TF2 and I don't know why. Any help would be appreciated. FYI idk much about computers so the simpler the better, but any solutions would be appreciated. Thank you

Message 3 of 5 (1,735 Views)

★ Novice
I disabled my firewall on private networks and it seems to be a bit better, for now at least. But the download is very unstable. starting at 11mb/s and then dropping to 6-7mb/s but as of now it seems stable ish. Anything else that might be causing it? I am running it as administrator as well.

Thank you
Message 4 of 5 (1,708 Views)

★ Novice
the second after I posted that it tanked to like 700kb/s and now is at 0B/s like it was previously.
Message 5 of 5 (1,705 Views)