Re: Origin & Steam allow Cross Progess?

by MajorRichWinters

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin & Steam allow Cross Progess?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I picked up a month of EA Play through Origin and played a bit of Squadrons 10-hour Trial and decided to buy the game on Steam. Even though I am using the same EA Account, my progress is different. Nothing moved over. Is that normal?

Message 1 of 4 (488 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @Cyryus  Steam and Origin don't share cross-progression for Squadrons, as Origin isn't required to play on Steam. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (436 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @Cyryus  Steam and Origin don't share cross-progression for Squadrons, as Origin isn't required to play on Steam. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 4 (437 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic Oh okay! I thought since I am logged into the same EA Account they would sync. Thanks for the answer!
Message 3 of 4 (429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Do you have a folder called C:\Users\your_username\Documents\STAR WARS Squadrons\settings ? The Steam version's config/save files are located at C:\Users\your_username\Documents\STAR WARS Squadrons Steam\settings, so if you can find the STAR WARS Squadrons\settings folder created by Origin, you might be able to copy BootOptions, ProfileOptions, ProfileOptions_profile, and ProfileOptions_profile_synced over to the STAR WARS Squadrons Steam\settings folder. I only have it on Steam, so I am not entirely sure if that's where the saves are stored for the Origin version. Additionally, even if you do copy em over, they might be encrypted. You'd be one of the first to test and find out, so be sure to report your findings in any event!

Be sure to back up your Squadrons Steam\settings folder contents before overwriting with the Origin files, just in case it doesn't work and you've already restarted on Steam!

Message 4 of 4 (425 Views)