Origin Web Helper Service

by AEF_David

Original Post

Origin Web Helper Service

★★★★★ Novice

Another update and again a need to disable Origin Web Helper Service in services otherwise by Windows 7 X64 startup flounders.

When will EA address this known issue? surely it can't be that hard, so many users are affected by this very badly assembled code.

Message 1 of 11 (11,075 Views)

Re: Origin Web Helper Service

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @AEF_David

Maybe you need to try this steps.::Wondering

-clear Origin cache and for this you get a perfectly detailed post from @EA_Nils >>http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/my-origin-will-not-update-my-sims-4/m-p/4721983#M163410

-restart your machine .

I wait your feedback,mate.Wink
Retired champion.
Message 2 of 11 (11,042 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Clearly you have no concept of the issue or are not reading what the problem is or just don't care! what you recommend is a solution to get a loaded game running again, it does nothing to correct the lousy programming that slows down the booting of a computer because 'Web helper Service' interferes with acces to the internet on loading.

But thanks anyway for you input really good from an 'expert'

Message 3 of 11 (11,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Ok @AEF_David i understand very well your problemWink

Should not be so angry,mate Standard smile Just had to tell me if the above steps worked or notWondering

Try this solution on the internet,that will solve your issue:

So, since the BF1 beta, and the installing and uninstalling of the game and Origin (I had no need for it between the Beta and the games release), I noticed something peculiar about my system startup.

I would boot up, and for the first 10-15 seconds after the desktop comes up, none of my system tray programs start, I cannot open certain programs because of out of memory error codes, and things seem slightly to moderately sluggish.

So I went into services to see what was causing this. Didn't see anything specific (as I was assuming a Windows service was the culprit) After combing through a couple things, I noticed 2 Origin Services, both set to Automatic: Origin Client Service, and Origin Web Helper Service. So I tested both, and dammit if the Web Helper service wasn't the issue.(SOLUTION ):Set it to Manual, and the problem goes away.

Sorry I could not answer you quickly, I was busy at my real job,mate.Angel

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 11 (11,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Firstly I am not your mate!

Secondly comprehension is not your strong suit, my message above, states that after every upgrade of Origin I have to turn off in services 'Origin Web Helper Service'

so why do you persist in telling me things I already know? all I want is EA/Origin to fix the problem plaging many of it's users.

I would prefer it if you didn't try to help me anymore your 'expert' advice is needed elswhere I'm sure Cool

Message 5 of 11 (10,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

OK @AEF_David , just a little detail.

If all users would have this problem or 50% of them ,indeed you have right as EA/ORIGIN to solve the problem.

But the situation isn't so.Angel Resetting your PC can take you back to square one if you encounter a problem you can not solve.(but I guess you already knew this)Angel

NOTE My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.

Retired champion.
Message 6 of 11 (10,962 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can't help yourself can you?

You have expressed NO opinion just copied other peoples work Thinking Zipped lips

Message 7 of 11 (10,941 Views)

★★ Novice

I get how frustrating it is when a company won't address a serious issue like this.

I got around it by stopping it loading through the use of msconfig.

But I do agree that the preferred method would be for EA to put their hands up and just say "Yeah, we messed up and are working on it."

Though I don't see that happening any time soon, unfortunately.

Message 8 of 11 (10,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Funny that you can be such a raging * and not even realize it. 

Message 9 of 11 (10,100 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
So this is super late, but if your PC boot time is being so seriously affected by the Origin Web Helper Service on startup you have a larger issue than "badly assembled code" for Origin.

Clean boot your machine and remove Origin from start up. Any current age user has the OS on an SSD and isn't going to be impaired by a small service like this extending their boot or login time to Windows.
Message 10 of 11 (9,640 Views)