Origin Store Language Change

by pakeneminen

Original Post

Re: Origin Store Language Change

★★★ Newbie

This is absolutely ridiculous, EA. I understand that you might want to promote your service through a charity event to gain publicity, but do you honestly want to publicise this kind of behaviour and service? I live in Norway but do not speak norwegian well enough to use your service in norwegian. I would like to be able to actually use your service if I had the opportunity to, but apparently you are locking the language of your store to the native language of the country my IP is in. Now, had you addressed this issue in any way other than being dead silent, hoping that the big angry consumer boogieman would just magically disappear and that all your would-be customers are going to just ignore all your blatantly obvious faults when compared to platforms such as steam (which by the way, does everything you do wrong right) then I would have respected you. Had you just laid out a single message, a simple sentence, an answer, I would have no choice but to either accept it or not. Had you said "No, sorry, we're actually stupid enough to believe that every single human being who lives in a country, be it for military service, work, study or any other reason speaks the native tongue. We do not believe in multinationality. We want to disconvenience our customers as much as possible and there is nothing you can do about it." then I would have just closed the tab and not looked back. I would not care. A simple choice. This, however, is atrocious. Not answering your customers' questions, ignoring the people who want to make your platform better. The people in this thread, most of the people you seem to so arrogantly ignore are the people you should listen to if you want to as much as stay in the same ballpark as steam. I mean, when DESURA, a platform made pretty much entirely for indie games from people around the world has a better user interface and feedback from staff than you, a corporate service solely focusing on your own games, made by your company, then wouldn't you think it's time to step up your game? Please, for the love of all that is good, listen to your consumers. I'll pass on your platform, which is a shame. I just can't navigate it. I really wanted to play Dead Space 3, but it seems you don't care anyway.

Message 21 of 258 (4,541 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too, the store language is fine ( because Chrome google translate works ). http://gyazo.com/ed295004ef2f3d1dcdc80fe130bf6355.png
But WTF is with that Account settings ? http://gyazo.com/a5ce7972317fd4eaeab324083328d9f1.png

Message 22 of 258 (4,526 Views)

★ Novice

It's great if you're in Belgium. Since it's a country with 2 main languages, they must think everyone speaks french fluently.

WHY can't I change my language to Dutch if it's a main language in our country!

Message 23 of 258 (4,523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, live in the dutchspeaking part of Belgium but the whole site is French.

Will purchase my games elsewhere.

Message 24 of 258 (4,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's a really simple thing to fix, I'd guess, but why does it take such a long time?

Can we just get something done EA?

I'm downloading the Sims 3 and I sure as hell hope it's not in the localized (Portuguese) version. Even living in Portugal, I prefer my games in original language when possible, and all my settings on Origin are on English.

Message 25 of 258 (4,451 Views)

★★ Novice

At least yours makes sense! I live in Trinidad, less than 5% of the population here speaks fluent Spanish, yet for some unfathomable reason EA seems to think otherwise...

Message 26 of 258 (4,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You're exactly right, EA is the most screwed up company I have ever seen and dealt with.

Message 27 of 258 (4,346 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Go smoke a turd EA

Message 28 of 258 (4,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This language thing is going on for a very very long time now and I see it's still not fixed..

Before the update I had the option in the right top area to switch from french to dutch, standard was french which I'm not...

IS IT THAT HARD TO JUST LET THE USER CHOSE THE LANGUAGE HE WANTS IT IN GEEZ

Only for this reason every time i logon to my computer, Origin is the first program I shut down because it annoyes me so much the incompetence of this 

Message 29 of 258 (4,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess I'm not even bothering to installing Origin for this Humble Bundle. I was a bit hyped about Battlefield 4, seeing it from Gamescon. Oh well, I'll stick to Crysis 2 on Steam then.

Message 30 of 258 (3,122 Views)