Origin Overlay Issues

by AhsokaTanoHater

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Overlay Issues

★ Apprentice

I, myself is puzzled at this. Being an experienced member of this forums I do not know how the over-lay fails to launch with the game. I have uninstalled Origin completely and have uninstalled the game and yet when I reinstalled it failed to show the overlay. Yes I have both options ticked in the application settings and game properties so that is not the case, I can have the menu show up in Battlefield 1 but not SWBF2. 

Anyone got any Troubleshooting for this?

Concerned I may not be able to try the Ewok Hunt mode or any upcoming requirement-like modes/gameplay.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 14 (2,169 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Overlay Issues

Community Manager

Anyone still experiencing the issue with the Origin Overlay, can you ensure that you have added Origin to your antivirus's list of exclusions or try disabling your antivirus and launching the game to see if it work.

Let me know how you get on. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 12 of 14 (2,394 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @AhsokaTanoHater If I understand you correct is that you cant start the game or is that the overlay in game is not working? 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 14 (2,153 Views)

★ Apprentice

It is just the overlay.

Message 3 of 14 (2,144 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @DarthDankis, okay lets see if fully reinstall Origin will remove that issue, when you do follow the guide below and go by the hardway guide. 

Here is how you do it: https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

/Atic 

Message 4 of 14 (2,127 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did that, I played for a pc cycle, turned it off and back on for the next day and back to the same issue.

Message 5 of 14 (2,108 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Hi there, I also have the exact same issue, origin overlay won't show when I press the shortcut Shift-F1. Yes I have also made sure it is turned on in the game properties. The weird thing is I think it started to fail after the recent update.
I'm quite sure it was working a few weeks ago.

And another thing to note, I also can't seem to activate Nvdia Ansel. Whenever I press Alt-F2, I always get a popup that says " Ansel can't be activated at the moment".

But on Battlefield 1, origin overlay works just fine.

I have tried reinstalling Origin the easy way, but haven't got around trying the hard way.
Message 6 of 14 (2,099 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Cazboen @AhsokaTanoHater Do you run any other program that have a overlay system, if so try shutting it off. If that don't work try to do a clean boot. 

How to do clean boot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

/Atic 

Message 7 of 14 (2,068 Views)

★ Apprentice

All you guys recommend is a clean boot, this is stupid. If origin worked properly there would be no need for a "clean boot" , and i do run programs when i play battlefield one with the origin overlay. Star Wars Battlefront 2 does not like the overlay. 

Message 8 of 14 (2,054 Views)

★★★ Novice

I turned off NVIDIA Ansel and it still doesn't work. I have already tried clean boot still not working.

Message 9 of 14 (1,966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The strange thing is the overlay works with no issue on Battlefield 1. So I think this is specifically a Battlefront 2 issue.

Message 10 of 14 (1,965 Views)