Origin Installation Broken (White Screen)

by owrd7wt1e1g

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Installation Broken (White Screen)

★★ Novice

I've been trying to download Origin and I keep getting corrupted downloads. I've tried using the live chats and the calls through EA's Contact Us page however the phone call did nothing more than add an application to my laptop and the live chats kept crashing. The Contact Us page was basically useless to me so I was hoping someone on this forum might have my answer.

I've tried downloading Origin a total of eight times now all ending the same way. I get a broken program that shows nothing more than a box and a white screen that responds to no commands and can only be closed through task manager. I've tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. The program I mentioned from my phone call above was supposed help with uninstalling to clear any possible remnant files (it only cleared a few shortcuts, super helpful right) that the uninstaller might've missed. I then tried downloading it through a different WiFi source on the off chance that maybe my university WiFi was causing the issue. I highly doubted it would make any difference to my predicament and sadly, i was right. The final thing I tried doing was the good ole' restarting your device trick. It did nothing yet again.

I'm fairly certain The download is corrupted as the installer always quits at the same point during every installation. If anyone could point me to a non-broken link that'd be great!

Side Note: I realize it could have to do with my PC however I'm trying to run this on a custom built gaming PC that most certainly can run Origin and has disk space galore to store it so I highly doubt my PC is the issue. Also, I've checked the other white screen post and my issue is similar to that of the author but not the same.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (672 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Installation Broken (White Screen)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Update to my issue: I appear to have found a solution

I was looking through other forums trying to find solutions and I found a combination of two worked for me.

*Side Note: I'm doing this on Windows 10 64 bit*

Step 1: I removed all things Origin (including it's games) from my computer

Step 2: I redownloaded the installer for origin

Step 3: While that was downloading I whitelisted http://origin.com on my firewall as this was mentioned as a possible solution to my issue

*Side Note: I didn't check the box for wanting to try Beta versions*

Step 4: I installed Origin and as before after it finished installing it popped up with a white screen. I closed Origin through task manager and proceeded to my second solution

Step 5: I ran Windows XP (Service Pack 2) in compatibility mode for Origin. (To do this right click on Origin, select Properties, there should be a tab that says Compatibility, check the box that says Compatibility mode, use the drop down bar to find Windows XP (Service Pack 2), select that and hit okay, open Origin if it hasn't already done so itself)

Step 6: I opened Origin and was able to login (ensure you check the keep me logged in box as I believe that is what gets me past the white screen log in bug now)

*Side Note: It appeared as an older version when I ran the compatibility pack; Don't worry, it should fix itself in a couple steps*

Step 7: After I logged in and ensured everything seemed to be working like it should be I closed Origin and undid compatibility mode (Right click Origin, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, uncheck the Compatibility mode box, hit okay)

*Side Note: Steps may diverge here depending on your situation*

Step 8: I restarted my computer after undoing compatibility mode as Origin seemed to believe I was still running Windows XP. After I restarted I opened Origin with no issues and was able to download all my games normally.

*Final Note: Running Origin as administrator tends to fix any odd issues that occur from time to time.*

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (743 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@owrd7wt1e1g Moved this over to the Origin board for you, since your issue is with Origin, not Dragon Age itself. 
I can't be much use with your problem, unfortunately, as I haven't really used Origin since the recent updates, but hopefully someone here will be able to help. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Update to my issue: I appear to have found a solution

I was looking through other forums trying to find solutions and I found a combination of two worked for me.

*Side Note: I'm doing this on Windows 10 64 bit*

Step 1: I removed all things Origin (including it's games) from my computer

Step 2: I redownloaded the installer for origin

Step 3: While that was downloading I whitelisted http://origin.com on my firewall as this was mentioned as a possible solution to my issue

*Side Note: I didn't check the box for wanting to try Beta versions*

Step 4: I installed Origin and as before after it finished installing it popped up with a white screen. I closed Origin through task manager and proceeded to my second solution

Step 5: I ran Windows XP (Service Pack 2) in compatibility mode for Origin. (To do this right click on Origin, select Properties, there should be a tab that says Compatibility, check the box that says Compatibility mode, use the drop down bar to find Windows XP (Service Pack 2), select that and hit okay, open Origin if it hasn't already done so itself)

Step 6: I opened Origin and was able to login (ensure you check the keep me logged in box as I believe that is what gets me past the white screen log in bug now)

*Side Note: It appeared as an older version when I ran the compatibility pack; Don't worry, it should fix itself in a couple steps*

Step 7: After I logged in and ensured everything seemed to be working like it should be I closed Origin and undid compatibility mode (Right click Origin, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, uncheck the Compatibility mode box, hit okay)

*Side Note: Steps may diverge here depending on your situation*

Step 8: I restarted my computer after undoing compatibility mode as Origin seemed to believe I was still running Windows XP. After I restarted I opened Origin with no issues and was able to download all my games normally.

*Final Note: Running Origin as administrator tends to fix any odd issues that occur from time to time.*

Message 3 of 3 (744 Views)