Origin In-Game Overlay Not Working At All (Titanfall 2)

by UltraSultra

Original Post

Re: Origin In-Game Overlay Not Working At All (Titanfall 2)

★★★ Novice

Sorry to say Yahel, all I got was an error saying "Origin Overlay Disabled" when I tried this - I bit the bullet and reinstalled Windows 10 today and I have a very nasty feeling OIG still isn't working for some reason - quickly reinstalled CnC Generals and the overlay did not seem to be working. Maybe because that game is old, but I remember OIG working on the Sims 2 a long time ago???

I made sure to install Origin first and unless it has some strange incompatibility with some of my motherboard's included drivers and essential programs with no intrusive overlays I have no idea what could have caused this failure.

Don't know if the same will be true for Titanfall 2 but I'm not holding out much hope anymore - can't say I'm too happy throwing away my old system setup for what now seems to be no reason at all!

Thank you so much for your assistance - but I really would not be terribly surprised if the problem was not on my end, especially if the sudden explosion of similar complaints on the tech support forums is anything to go by

EA, if you have any official comments on this matter, please let the community know! Even acknowledging a problem people are having does so much.

Message 11 of 40 (2,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@BN-NecessiterI hope this is the case, that would be a big relief!

Message 12 of 40 (2,362 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@UltraSultra can you please run a DxDiag and post here the results Wondering https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 13 of 40 (2,328 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sure! Please see the DxDiag results attached.

One thing I should say is that when I tried CnC Generals yesterday to discover the Origin In-Game Overlay wasn't working there either, I hadn't installed my USB3 card's drivers yet, so in my opinion my Rift could not have been interfering.

Message 14 of 40 (2,317 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bump!

Message 15 of 40 (2,280 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

For the love of all that's holy.

Origin have turned off the server that deals with the ORIGIN OVERLAY for reasons only known to themselves.

My guess is it's something do with security/whatever. It's been off for 5 whole agonising days.

Haven't spoken to another human in this time because I have no real life friends, only pc gamer ones.

Three games are so far effected if you look back on the posts. These are..

1. Titanfall 2

2. FIFA18

3. Battlefront 2

There maybe others. I just don't yet.

If we keep this post going the one person running Origin may just see it and turn the server back on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4An1BrG2u_4

Message 16 of 40 (2,269 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @UltraSultra

Please excuse me for the delayed response.Embarrassed

1.Make sure Time/Date is correctly set in your machine.

2.Make sure your windows is fully up-to-date.

Your Dxdiag looks, like there were problems installing some/this updates (10.0.16299.15) .This issue might occur due to a corruption in system files.I suggest that you download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. To do this, check and follow the steps in this article.So essentially in your case it could be/ you have corruption that needs to be repaired somehow  and because of this, you also have the error for driver incompatibility.

If your issue persists try to run the System File Checker (SFC) scan and use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.

SFC utility allows administrators to perform a scan of all protected resources to verify that they are the correct version. If SFC should find any incorrect versions in any of these protected resources, SFC will replace them with the correct versions, while DISM, it will resolve some damaged or corrupted system files that SFC can't repair.

NOTE   I really believe with this error you will need a clean install for your operating system. IF there is a problem with DISM being corrupt and I think there may be no other choice for this error.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 17 of 40 (2,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @BN-Necessiter

I have these games Titanfall 2 ,Battlefront 2  in 2 (two) computers in my house- different accounts and Origin In Game works flawlessly.So the problem is in your computer rather than Origin.Angel

Retired champion.
Message 18 of 40 (2,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

HI@yahel_1

Thanks for that info. I can see you are very helpful in general to everyone.

Yes, I could be wrong and possibly it is actually my pc at fault.

The reason I presumed it was Origin turning the server off for maintenance/whatever was I have a clan member whom I play Titanfall 2 with and he had the same 'ORIGIN OVERLAY' problem as me at the same time.

I also looked on the forum and noticed others whinging about it.

Also in Titanfall 2 there were no together clanmates playing.

Plus I literally did everything to fix it that has been suggested.

His is now working. After 5 days his came back on again without him touching his pc.

Unfortunately mine has not. Although haven't looked today so far.

I'm in the UK. Where are you? My clan member friend is in Ireland.

I'm thinking maybe it's regional maintenance? This would explain why yours is working.

Anyway, I will take your advice on board and continue with a fix search. Here is our clansite post so you can see our suffering..

http://thenitwitts.enjin.com/forum/m/28206608/viewforum/5250475

Thanks again.

Message 19 of 40 (2,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

My friends 'ORIGIN OVERLAY' has now ceased to function again today. Very puzzling?

Mine is still not working either.

Message 20 of 40 (2,214 Views)