Origin Games in Steam Link not working

by littlescratch

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Linking EA Account with Steam or Epic

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i'm trying to buy alice: madness returns on steam but it says "reguest agreement to a 3rd-party EULA" and here's no buy button there i want to know if i have to link my accs or what?

Message 11 of 42 (167,159 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Games in Steam Link not working

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

You can now play Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order via Steam and Epic clients!

More information is available, here

How does it work?

If you’re playing on PC through Steam or Epic, we need you to link the account you’re playing on to an EA Account the first time you start up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. 

We’ll also run a version of Origin in the background so we can keep your game updated. The Origin client will pop up for any game update. Automatic updates are the default setting in Origin, but if you have manually unchecked it - you will be prompted to go into Origin for any mandatory game updates.

If you already have an EA Account, and have Origin installed, you’ll be asked to sign in to Origin after you press Play for the first time. After that - you will never see the Origin prompt again.

Having issues on Steam or Epic platforms?

• Reach out to Steam or Epic Help if you experience an issue with their store or client

Having EA account or Origin issues?

• Fully close Origin and restart it as Administrator
  • Contact EA Help for any other Origin or EA account issues

View in thread

Message 24 of 42 (159,032 Views)

All Replies

EA Please link my steam account to origin. PLEASE read first.

★★★ Novice

So I bought five EA-racing games and mirror edge on steam so I have played NFS hot pursuit and burnout paradise.In burnout paradise I have created a account named thankthai1 with cd-key in there when I tried to put the cd key to activate in origin it said cd key has been used same with NFS hot pursuit. PLEASE help me.And I wanted to know is the account in burnout paradise and nfs hot pursuit same as origin account? If it is then why there is no games in my account plz help.And plz activate all ea games in my steam account in origin please.

Message 1 of 42 (189,012 Views)

Re: EA Please link my steam account to origin. PLEASE read first.

★★★ Novice

Please help me I wanted to play burnout paradise ultimate box very much and why is no dlc in steam I am so confused.

Message 2 of 42 (189,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just a bump note.

Message 3 of 42 (188,996 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have Sims 3 from disks and 1 dl from amazon. I didn't wanna join Origin but to play the sims it made me. now i want to buy 3 expansions from steam because they are on sale but steam wont let me because it says I do not have the sims 3. is there a way to combine account so i can get DLC for games from either place?

Message 4 of 42 (186,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can i do vise versa? i wanna move some games from origin to steam so i have a backup if i lose my origin account again(just recovered it after 1 year and a half)

Message 5 of 42 (185,771 Views)

Origin Games in Steam Link not working

★★ Novice

Hi

So I have moved to gaming on a PC and using Steam link so I can game from the sofa.  I love the EA/Origin games but they will not work with my Steam Link,  I have tried many methods but none of which allow me to play origin games via the steam link. 

Ubisoft overlay works ok with steam link.  

Without Origin working with steam link I will not be able to purchase or play any EA games which is a shame really but I wont buy them if i cant use them

Any suggestions? Just really need the controllers working.

I have tried linking the non steam game in and that works by streaming the visual and audio but the steam/ps4  controller will not work, seems like the steam overlay will not load when the origin one is in play.

I have tried launching origin in steam but no luck

I have tried exiting the steam link big picture and run it outside of steam, no luck again

I have tried lots of little hacks with no luck....

Any help will be good, if i can get it working i will have to cancel my subscription and cancel the idea of buying origin/ea games....

I have the latest steam and origin client and running windows 10 1703 

Thanks in advance

Message 6 of 42 (164,754 Views)

★★ Pro

Have you tried running both steam as Origin as administrator? 

After that follow the following steps:

• Disable Origin overlay for the game.

• Add game EXE to Steam as a Non-Steam game.

• Exit Origin completely.

• Start The game from Steam

Does that work? 

Message 7 of 42 (164,723 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Gwyndolium

No unfortunately not... the game goes to run then launches (the closed) origin app, maybe to authenticate and then the game loads but not with the Steam overlay so then the controllers don't work Frown

Thanks for your suggestion though, much appreciated

Message 8 of 42 (164,705 Views)

★★ Novice

Just cant get this to integrate so I think the best solution is not to buy or use any EA/Origin games. Thanks for your help though.  I will try again in the future

Message 9 of 42 (171,235 Views)