Re: Optimizing shaders - Enough is enough !

by Dark_Arcite

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Optimizing shaders - Enough is enough !

★★★ Novice

So it's been some time since i played Battlefront 2 and i wanted to jump back in, take things where i left off with my MP progression..  But WTF happened EA?!  I left the game last year for the same reason i did today ... The game takes 10-12 minute just to "optimize shaders" for the menu alone ... Loading a SP map? Heh.. 30 minutes. MP map? 10-12 minutes depending on the map.

This is unacceptable, how is this crap NOT FIXED after so much time? Running the game on DX12 on a I5 7500 | 16GB ram | RX 590 8 GB | SSD  - DX11 is literally unplayable with tons of stuttering, low fps (even below 30 fps sometimes) ... But that "Optimizing shaders" *? That did it for me..  I have NO problems.. 0 problems in running almost ANY new game with High or even Ultra details on my 1080p display ... all load fast and are stable... But spending like more than 30 minutes just to play a crap MP game in BF2... this is beyond hope.

Using Windows 10 Pro with all drivers and updates to date. 

PS: If i would have bought the game today.. THIS was an Instant refund. /uninstall.

Message 1 of 4 (44,229 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Update - Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.1 driver came out few days ago. I had my game uninstalled for obvious reasons. Well i took another chance with it and with the new AMD driver [clean driver install using DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility just to be sure] - GPU RX590-8GB slightly overclocked ... 10% or less.

Results - Same bug occurs under DX12 - Shaders take eons to load. So i reverted back to DX11 just for tests and whaddaya know! Stable framerates - a bit lower than DX12 .. i would say about 10-15 FPS overall. That would seem a lot ofc... but compared to 25 fps or less on the previous drivers on DX11.. this is a HUGE change.. Game is stable now.

So far ive been playing some MP and SP.. few maps... 3 x MP maps.. 2 x demanding SP maps... FPS was above 70 all the time.. minor drops into 65 or so on the SP side ... but overall a 80-100 average on Ultra details on 1080p .. that being on DX11... I could say this new driver is a defo WIN without a doubt. Also NO "shader optimizing" present on DX11 whatsoever. Maps load almost instantly [the game is on a SSD as well] - This driver is a keeper fo'sho.

Now i cant speak for the green side... Nvidia guys? Sorry i guess :neutral: ... DX12 is still "bugged" on AMD side as well. DX11 got an upgrade ... 25-75 fps before VS 65-120 now, depending on map/visual load.

I'll just stick with DX11 ftm. And gotta say... good to see that AMD is still trying to improve on their software side. Sure DX12 would give me some more FPS overall.. but with that 25-30 minutes load cost... No go. On DX11 - Battlefront 2 is very playable for me atm.. stable framerates and no stuttering nor frame drops.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (44,062 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I hear you, man.

sounds like this is related to this bug.

If that sounds about right, I suggest you join in on that one and close this one out.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 4 (44,204 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, 

Saw your post. Nothing happens like your "bug" - at least not for me. It just takes a stupid amount of time to load anything.. even maps that were "optimized' in the past. Not having problem selecting my char or whatever after the match starts... Problem is that the match ENDS before i get a chance to get in because of the 10-12 minutes load time. 

Also as posts go the more the merrier! Maybe this way EA will give more than a rat's * on their customers money .. 

Message 3 of 4 (44,186 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update - Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.1 driver came out few days ago. I had my game uninstalled for obvious reasons. Well i took another chance with it and with the new AMD driver [clean driver install using DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility just to be sure] - GPU RX590-8GB slightly overclocked ... 10% or less.

Results - Same bug occurs under DX12 - Shaders take eons to load. So i reverted back to DX11 just for tests and whaddaya know! Stable framerates - a bit lower than DX12 .. i would say about 10-15 FPS overall. That would seem a lot ofc... but compared to 25 fps or less on the previous drivers on DX11.. this is a HUGE change.. Game is stable now.

So far ive been playing some MP and SP.. few maps... 3 x MP maps.. 2 x demanding SP maps... FPS was above 70 all the time.. minor drops into 65 or so on the SP side ... but overall a 80-100 average on Ultra details on 1080p .. that being on DX11... I could say this new driver is a defo WIN without a doubt. Also NO "shader optimizing" present on DX11 whatsoever. Maps load almost instantly [the game is on a SSD as well] - This driver is a keeper fo'sho.

Now i cant speak for the green side... Nvidia guys? Sorry i guess :neutral: ... DX12 is still "bugged" on AMD side as well. DX11 got an upgrade ... 25-75 fps before VS 65-120 now, depending on map/visual load.

I'll just stick with DX11 ftm. And gotta say... good to see that AMD is still trying to improve on their software side. Sure DX12 would give me some more FPS overall.. but with that 25-30 minutes load cost... No go. On DX11 - Battlefront 2 is very playable for me atm.. stable framerates and no stuttering nor frame drops.

Message 4 of 4 (44,063 Views)