Operations introduction videos have low FPS

by Ravoltz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Operations introduction videos have low FPS

★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Operations introduction videos play at +/- 5 FPS when focused but at 30/60 (whatever these videos play at) when ALT+TAB
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, buy the same hardware and install the same software as I have?
What happens when the bug occurs? See summary
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Operations
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD RX 480 8 GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

When the operations introduction videos start, after 3 seconds it drops to like 5 FPS. If I ALT+TAB and the game has no focus, it plays like it should. If I then go back to the game after 3 seconds it goes back to stutter mode. It seems like when playing the operations introduction videos. When the videos end and fade into the gameplay that is when it all goes back to normal. This is nothing major or IMHO not even minor but I thought i'd report it anyway because it is just weird.

Message 1 of 5 (951 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Operations introduction videos have low FPS

★★ Novice

I noticed that the GPU utilization drops to a few percent after the cinematic starts playing and after each time I bring back focus to the game and when the game loses focus (alt+tab) the GPU utilization would go up again. I played some war stories and every cinematic had this too but I found a solution. When I change to fullscreen instead of borderless window mode this issue goes away.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (837 Views)

All Replies

Always good to share weird issues like that as well.

Thank's for sharing! Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 5 (916 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Ravoltz you tried reinstalling you GPU drivers? 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 5 (871 Views)

★★ Novice
No, I have not. My Windows install is just over a month old. I have no reason to doubt my GPU drivers because everything else works perfectly fine.
Message 4 of 5 (865 Views)

★★ Novice

I noticed that the GPU utilization drops to a few percent after the cinematic starts playing and after each time I bring back focus to the game and when the game loses focus (alt+tab) the GPU utilization would go up again. I played some war stories and every cinematic had this too but I found a solution. When I change to fullscreen instead of borderless window mode this issue goes away.

Message 5 of 5 (838 Views)