Re: Only Madden 23 on my xbox series x continuous crashing to pixelated screen.

by Scoredyoshi

Original Post

★ Novice

Game is still doing the same thing

Message 201 of 217 (785 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Scoredyoshi Thanks for trying those steps, checking after running through the troubleshooting is the time frame before it happens still a few seconds to a minute before the issue occurs?

Also to check is the game installed on the original internal storage, upgraded storage, or external storage? 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 202 of 217 (767 Views)

★ Novice

It on the original internal and it’s still happening to this day.

Message 203 of 217 (746 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium It’s happening to me too, spent almost 2500 dollars on this game and can never win a Super Bowl, sucks for a grown * man
Message 204 of 217 (690 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is still happening. Very ridiculous that the troubleshooting steps are constantly repeated and don't do a single thing except give us false hope. Franchise mode crashes as soon as you enter a game or try to do an interview. You can trade, cut, sign and simulate but not play a franchise game. Game crashes within minutes, controller vibrates, screen freezes and dumps you at main xbox screen, no error codes. It has nothing to do with our system or gamertag, it's all on EA sports not putting out a proper patch to fix a simple issue. I cannot wait until 2k makes their football game again. Put out a working patch and quit giving us lip service. 

Message 205 of 217 (640 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey all, paying a visit over from Fifa, I have the same problem as you all, shuts down console the console after 20 minutes sometimes an hour, it’s been happening since FIFA 21 and the EA guys on the Fifa side have said console issue to us, even though it is the only game that shuts down our consoles and a lot of PC players are having the same issue as well, all other games (non EA) work fine and can play for hours on it. 

On the Fifa forums loads of people speak about the issue but are getting ignored, I mean the person from EA on here from what I’ve read has been more reasonable that the ones on the FIFA forums. 

hoping the issue can get resolved for us all really, as it isn’t just madden that has this issue. 

On a side note, I can play Fifa 23 Xbox one edition for hours with no problems at all, so my console is perfectly fine. 

Message 206 of 217 (617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've Got the same problem but for a few other games has as well.   Battlefield 2042 has done this since launch in 2021 on my Series X.  Doom eternal started doing it after the free series x upgrade dropped.   Madden 23 does it and dead space remake and AC Valhalla had done it to me a few times over 100 hours of gaming it. 

It's a hard crash.  Just shuts off like someone pulled the plug.   But the xbox one version of bf2042 and Madden 23 work fine.  Cloud gaming bf2042 and doom eternal also works fine.  Doom was fine until the series x upgrade.    So is it all a series x/s version of a game giving the issue? 

A month after bf2042 came out I enrolled in the xbox insider program the system preview Omega program and that actually fixed my issue.   Then I came back to bf2042 like 5 months later and I was back to square one.  Literally out of ideas at this point. 

What's frustrating is the number of threads online about this issue marked as fixed or resolved when literally over a year now of searching nobody knows what the issue is. 

Message 207 of 217 (588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has there been a resolution yet? 

I got as far as the legacy game setup screen; it crashes the entire XBOX once I click start game. So I can't even return to the main menu; I'm stuck. I've done every troubleshooting step in this thread. And as usual, EA is if no help. 

Message 208 of 217 (491 Views)

Re: Madden 23 freeze and crash every gamemode

★ Novice

This is exactly what mine has been doing since it came out. Is there a fix for it?

Message 209 of 217 (443 Views)

Re: Xbox Series X Crashing Just like in Madden 2022

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue - consistent crashing on Xbox Series X with madden 23. I don’t have this issue in any other game. For me it happens in CFM games. 

I’ve done every step you outlined, but it still doesn’t work consistently.

Any insights?

Thank you,

Message 210 of 217 (375 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help