Only APEX LEGENDS causing BSOD/whole pc freeze

by nakamurabobo

Original Post

Only APEX LEGENDS causing BSOD/whole pc freeze

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, is it possible, that only while playing APEX LEGENDS my pc tends to freeze/BSOD my whole computer?

Followed by weird behaviour, i.e my pc afterwards will boot without all devices recognized, what I mean by that is that after my pc freezes I have to restart it manually and my pc reboots, but no monitor,keyboard,mouse,second monitor are recognized so I have to hard reset it again. I've tried reinstalling pc, reseting pc to factory (removed all apps), bought new GPU, playing with only one RAM at the time.

Sometimes my PC just freezes so I need to hard reset it

if I get BSOD its usually followed by another BSOD in this order:

1. IRQL sth not less or equal

2. SERVICE EXCEPTION sth

My temps are fine, psu is 550 and I have 1080 gtx, it was happening on 1060 as well.

It should by obvious by the title but if I play any other game, everything is okay, I've tried Battlefront 2, counter-strike GO. 

thank you for your answer.

Message 1 of 13 (5,398 Views)

Re: Only APEX LEGENDS causing BSOD/whole pc freeze

★★★ Newbie

Same has been happening to me. What did you do to fix this? It is happening to me on Battlefront 2 however, other games work great..

Message 2 of 13 (5,221 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've had the BSOD once and I've noticed it mentioned something to do with the easy ani-cheat at the top of the error message... Will try running in administrator and see if it does it again.

Message 3 of 13 (5,201 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you find a way to fix it yet? 

Message 4 of 13 (5,171 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Sanskari_Vegeta

Are you running into the same BSOD errors? Could you grab a DxDiag and share it here when you've got the chance? For more info on how to pull up the file check out the EA Help website

Please attach the text file to this thread once you have it. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 13 (5,138 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes i have same BSOD erros like him

file attached

Message 6 of 13 (5,110 Views)

Community Manager

@Sanskari_Vegeta 

I appreciate that!

The BSOD error you're seeing can sometimes point to issues with NVIDIA drivers. When you've got the chance can you try a clean reinstall of the drivers to see if that helps at all? An easy way of doing so would be to run Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU is a third party software, so please use at your own risk). Once the drivers are removed you can then reinstall the latest version from the NVIDIA website

Let me know if the BSOD crashes are still happening after the drivers are reinstalled. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 13 (5,068 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers when that didn't worked I reinstalled the os too but nothing works 

Message 8 of 13 (5,034 Views)

Community Manager

@Sanskari_Vegeta 

Thanks for the update!

Have you been keeping an eye on your temperatures while Apex Legends is running? Are you seeing anything running hot? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 13 (4,996 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup i do max cpu temp is 57c and gpu 76c and game crashes more when an overlay software is on

Message 10 of 13 (4,974 Views)