Online login is currently unavailable...

by bestswter

Original Post

Online login is currently unavailable...

★ Novice

Please help me with this. I desactivated all firewalls but still the same problem!

http://vvcap.net/db/I3N1Acv6Cv1ZkFJm9mWo.htp

Message 1 of 8 (438 Views)

Re: Online login is currently unavailable...

Community Manager (retired)

Can you make sure that the Origin client is added as an exception to your anti-virus software?

Take a look also at this Help Centre article about programs which may conflict with Origin:

https://help.ea.com/article/programs-that-may-cause-conflicts-with-origin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 8 (430 Views)

★ Novice

i disactivated all my programs that may stop origin from working properly, nothing changed.. Ive still got the problem

Message 3 of 8 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

A friend of mine has had this problem since may this summer, he can login to both Origin web and Origin software, but he cannot login on either the web or the software on his desktop computer, he has put it as an exception in the firewall, nothing is blocked, ports are forwarded.

Edit: He has also tried to install an older version and it does the same and the newest version does the same as well.

Now how do you explain this phenomenom?

Message 4 of 8 (391 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@john978,

I'd suggest your friend take a look here at the list of programs which are known to sometimes cause conflicts with Origin:

https://help.ea.com/article/programs-that-may-cause-conflicts-with-origin

Which anti-virus software is he using, by the way?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 5 of 8 (376 Views)

★ Novice

This problem has nothing to do with any firewalls, anti-viruses and such. It's a file hidden in the system32 folder that causes this problem,

I quote: "Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Your Host file will be there. To change it you will need to start Notepad.exe or Write.exe in administrator mode or you will not be able to change it. If there is anything in the host file that has anything to do with Origin or EA remove it and save the file. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect."

After he did that it worked again.

Message 6 of 8 (347 Views)

★ Novice

Nope, still not working. 

Message 7 of 8 (343 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, keep in mind tho that Origin can hide itself really good as remnant files on the HDD, so a thorough manual search for any leftover files could be good, also use Ccleaner or equal to clean the registry. Other than that I do not know.

Message 8 of 8 (340 Views)