Online Versus Connection Issue

by msg7nyr3062

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Online Versus Connection Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi all.

Picked up a copy of 21 and I'm having trouble with the Online Versus game mode. I'm wired to my router and have a ping of 10 m/s on EASHL and the gameplay is smooth as butter. However, the control input and the entire game is extremely laggy in Online Versus. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem? I'm confused as to what the problem is as my connection is stellar with the EASHL, but not with online versus. UPnP is disabled. Would that have anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance.

Note: I'm using an Xbox One S. I'd be happy to provide other info to help solve the issue. Thanks.

Message 1 of 20 (1,316 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Online Versus Connection Issue

Community Manager

Hi there, @msg7nyr3062 

UPnP should be enabled. Something else to keep in mind is that Online Versus uses a peer to peer connection. If either you or your opponent has a bad connection, both will feel it. EASHL uses dedicated servers so you don't have that same issue.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (1,274 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @msg7nyr3062 

UPnP should be enabled. Something else to keep in mind is that Online Versus uses a peer to peer connection. If either you or your opponent has a bad connection, both will feel it. EASHL uses dedicated servers so you don't have that same issue.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 20 (1,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think you hit the nail on the head. I've been playing with some friends that are connected via ethernet and the lag is nowhere near extreme as I experience in other games. Will also try to get UPnP enabled and see how else this can help. Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 20 (1,248 Views)

Community Manager

@msg7nyr3062 

You're very welcome! Let me know how it goes. Thank you.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 20 (1,233 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I have a problem with NHL 21 online verse. Where I was playing it first and as I was login back in it said I had "insufficient permissions"???

PLEASE HELP ME!!

Message 5 of 20 (1,012 Views)

Community Manager

@Anthony_Penguins 

Make sure you check your console's permissions to ensure multiplayer games are allowed. Also, you will need a current Xbox Live Gold or PS+ subscription.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 20 (992 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But, how do I check my console's permissions to ensure multiplayer games are allowed? Also, I already played online a couple days ago then it wasn't alowing me.

Message 7 of 20 (983 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Anthony_Penguins And I didn't have a PS+ subscription
Message 8 of 20 (979 Views)

Community Manager

@Anthony_Penguins wrote:
@Anthony_Penguins And I didn't have a PS+ subscription

This would most likely be why. PS+ is required. 

For checking your permissions, this article might help, but some googling should also turn up those instructions.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 20 (977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The articale sort of help, but can you do like a step by step like that kind of thing?

Message 10 of 20 (968 Views)