OnePlus stability issues during TW (freezes and crashes)

by FingolfinTEK

Original Post

OnePlus stability issues during TW (freezes and crashes)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? OnePlus 3T
OS Version 8.0.0 (OxygenOS 5.0.1)
Ally Code: 924-698-129
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug The game crashes constantly, has been since the update in November and it crashes more frequently if there is an active TW or TB, although it seems to crash more often in TW. The game crashes or freezes at least once a day when no TB/TW is running but with either of them active it can be even up to 10 times a day. I've written to support who knows how many times, went through all the troubleshooting steps who knows how many times, I've sent dozens of feedback reports with system logs included and the best the support agents could come up with was "do a factory reset and see if it helps". This behavior is unacceptable to me, I'm not about to have to spend hours backing up my personal data and then spend hours restoring it without being certain that it will help and without anyone on taking a look at the logs I've sent.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go through the logs and figure it out yourselves? Seems to crash in different areas.
Connection Type Mobile/WiFi
Please select your region Europe
Country Serbia

I've also found multiple similar issues that have yet to be solved or at least be properly looked at:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Android-8-App-frequently-crash/m-p/6624460/highlight/true...
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-won-t-load-after-updating-to-Android-8-1/m-p/6688123#M105...
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-crashes-when-TW-is-running/m-p/6645677/highlight/true#M92...

Message 1 of 75 (2,464 Views)

Re: OnePlus stability issues

★ Guide
Oh, and the most brilliant thing of all - each support agent first tried to give me some hush crystals to make me go away, really amazing way to treat issues...
Message 2 of 75 (2,425 Views)

★★★ Novice
Having the same issue in 5T
Message 3 of 75 (2,407 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah, two of the three similar issues are for OnePlus 5s, I guess they are all related to some OxygenOS incompatibility but we obviously don't have a big enough user base to make fixing this a priority of any kind.
Message 4 of 75 (2,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Well in my case, game crashes a LOT, the first symptom is that the sound hangs for a few seconds prior to crashing the game and freezes the system for a few seconds also. It happened in 8.0 and still happens in 8.1. I've wiped data and cache and reinstalled a few times but the problem persists. I even did a factory reset and reinstalled everything again. It could be an issue with OOS I don't know.
Phone: OnePlus 5T
Message 5 of 75 (2,378 Views)

★ Guide
@carovira For me the crashes are manageable until TW rolls in and to make things more irritating - I'm a TW officer and the game keeps crashing on me whenever I need stability the most. It just crashed when I went in to set commands for defense...
Message 6 of 75 (2,355 Views)

★ Guide
Can I get at least a reply from someone at CG or is that too much to hope for?
Message 7 of 75 (2,322 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've lost countless arena battles without even a fight, most of the times game hangs and crashes just after loading the battle.
Message 8 of 75 (2,294 Views)

★ Guide
It sucks but it' at least comforting to see they're going to such lengths to fix our issues and are also willing to compensate you for your troubles with some crystals, right?

Oh, wait...
Message 9 of 75 (2,266 Views)

★ Guide
Perhaps if we started tagging the devs we would at least get a reply. What do you think, @EA_Darko?
Message 10 of 75 (2,264 Views)