Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

OnePlus stability issues during TW (freezes and crashes)

by FingolfinTEK

Original Post

Re: OnePlus stability issues

★★ Apprentice
This morning's beaut, again no VPN and also only 4-5 background apps. Since yesterday afternoon's talk with support I've been force-closing the game whenever I'm not playing and also trying to limit the number of background apps but it doesn't seem to help any...
Message 31 of 75 (226 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Had another one...
Message 32 of 75 (210 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Had several freezes today and I only had a few background apps running (GoH, Discord, Firefox) since I was outside. Had both WiFi and 3G/4G as connection, no VPN, force-closed the game whenever I finished playing it, as instructed by support. From the past few days' experience, the guidelines the tech team suggested does not help any.
Message 33 of 75 (201 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Message 34 of 75 (197 Views)

★★ Apprentice
One more for good night...
Message 35 of 75 (190 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Message 36 of 75 (182 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Message 37 of 75 (178 Views)

★★ Apprentice
So, without any shred of doubt I can confirm that neither VPN nor background apps cause any of my issues since the frequency of crashes/freezes was unchanged when I was off VPN and had only one or two apps running in the background. This morning I had several crashes and quite a few freezes with this app being the only one running after a phone restart.
Message 38 of 75 (174 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I may not have a crash as frequent as you, I do notice that during TW the game is sluggish and lags severely. I may not be a programmer or computer tech, but I would hazard a guess that the server mainframes can't handle the traffic produced during a TW event?
Message 39 of 75 (157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@taxingpear94Unfortunately, if that were so then also non-OnePlus phone brands would experience something similar and it would be quickly discovered and fixed - adding new servers is cheap nowadays and most cloud providers offer autoscaling rules so I don't think it's server related.

Also, the crashes/freezes happen frequently even outside TW/TB so it's not an issue exclusive to those events. Maybe there's a memory leak somewhere and TW/TB just makes it more apparent by my constantly navigating between the game screens - who knows? The devs could since they have at least 50 of my system logs but they couldn't be bothered to look. I reached out to Google about my issues and they seem to have done something to motivate EA to promise me they'd get the QA team to look into it but I won't hold my breath just yet Standard smile

Message 40 of 75 (150 Views)

GET SUPPORT AS YOU PLAY

Find and tap Contact Support in-game under Settings, or contact us on EA Help.

Contact EA Help

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help