OnePlus stability issues during TW (freezes and crashes)

by FingolfinTEK

Original Post

Re: OnePlus stability issues

★ Guide
This morning's beaut, again no VPN and also only 4-5 background apps. Since yesterday afternoon's talk with support I've been force-closing the game whenever I'm not playing and also trying to limit the number of background apps but it doesn't seem to help any...
Message 31 of 75 (1,034 Views)

★ Guide
Had another one...
Message 32 of 75 (1,018 Views)

★ Guide
Had several freezes today and I only had a few background apps running (GoH, Discord, Firefox) since I was outside. Had both WiFi and 3G/4G as connection, no VPN, force-closed the game whenever I finished playing it, as instructed by support. From the past few days' experience, the guidelines the tech team suggested does not help any.
Message 33 of 75 (1,009 Views)

★ Guide
Another one...
Message 34 of 75 (1,005 Views)

★ Guide
One more for good night...
Message 35 of 75 (998 Views)

★ Guide
Morning, y'all!
Message 36 of 75 (990 Views)

★ Guide
Message 37 of 75 (986 Views)

★ Guide
So, without any shred of doubt I can confirm that neither VPN nor background apps cause any of my issues since the frequency of crashes/freezes was unchanged when I was off VPN and had only one or two apps running in the background. This morning I had several crashes and quite a few freezes with this app being the only one running after a phone restart.
Message 38 of 75 (982 Views)

★★ Guide
I may not have a crash as frequent as you, I do notice that during TW the game is sluggish and lags severely. I may not be a programmer or computer tech, but I would hazard a guess that the server mainframes can't handle the traffic produced during a TW event?
Message 39 of 75 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@taxingpear94Unfortunately, if that were so then also non-OnePlus phone brands would experience something similar and it would be quickly discovered and fixed - adding new servers is cheap nowadays and most cloud providers offer autoscaling rules so I don't think it's server related.

Also, the crashes/freezes happen frequently even outside TW/TB so it's not an issue exclusive to those events. Maybe there's a memory leak somewhere and TW/TB just makes it more apparent by my constantly navigating between the game screens - who knows? The devs could since they have at least 50 of my system logs but they couldn't be bothered to look. I reached out to Google about my issues and they seem to have done something to motivate EA to promise me they'd get the QA team to look into it but I won't hold my breath just yet Standard smile

Message 40 of 75 (958 Views)