One-time password/ Security key problem

by SoruokAlexander

Original Post

Accepted Solution

One-time password/ Security key problem

★★★ Newbie

I've lost my security key and cant obviously log in. Also, one-time password option isn't shown when i am asked to type the security key password for some reason, anything I can do?

Message 1 of 4 (478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: One-time password/ Security key problem

Hero

@SoruokAlexander 

From either the launcher or swtor.com enter your Display Name and Password and click Login.  On the next screen it should ask for your security key and below the field is a link that says "Lost your security key".  Click on that to then have a one-time password sent to remove your old security key.

If you are not receiving the one-time password, see this guide here.  If you are not able to remove the old security key, you would need to contact customer service to have them manually remove it.  Their contact information is found here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (457 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@SoruokAlexander 

From either the launcher or swtor.com enter your Display Name and Password and click Login.  On the next screen it should ask for your security key and below the field is a link that says "Lost your security key".  Click on that to then have a one-time password sent to remove your old security key.

If you are not receiving the one-time password, see this guide here.  If you are not able to remove the old security key, you would need to contact customer service to have them manually remove it.  Their contact information is found here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 4 (458 Views)

★ Novice

The "lost your key" option is not shown when trying to login by leaving the security key space blank.

Message 3 of 4 (314 Views)

@SoruokAlex 

then you need to call swtor support so they can remove it for you

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/INFO-Getting-Help/td-p/4806237/jump-to/first-u...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 4 (285 Views)