Re: One Solution for freezing in Arenas.

by nxtasx

Original Post

One Solution for freezing in Arenas.

★ Guide

I had recently suffered with random lock-ups in Arenas. There didn't seem to be any link to player action or round timing (other than it often happening near the start of the match, yet not always).

A clean boot with default/low game graphics settings seemed to stop the freezes, and I was happy.

I had previously turned CSM shadows off manually in the videoconfig.txt for performance, and noticed they were back on after my reset, so I manually edited the videoconfig.txt file again to turn them off - - - - boom, the Arena freezing was back. Enabled CSM shadows again, and freezes stopped immediately.

So, if you have been locking up in Arenas and have turned off shadows in the videoconfig.txt file, you know what to do.

For EA/Respawn: This can hopefully lead in the right direction to fixing this odd Arena only bug. Seeing as it's not normally configurable, perhaps someone's function depends on it being "1" and manually setting it to "0" causes a check failure or division by zero somehow. 

Message 1 of 10 (471 Views)

Community Manager

@Octopushy 

Interesting info! Thank you for sharing this. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (440 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i am having trouble with the whole clean boot solution, please explain in more detail if possible, thanks.

Message 3 of 10 (402 Views)

Community Manager

@nxtasx 

A Clean Boot lets you disable processes that run automatically when your PC starts. If something that's running in the background is causing issues that is a way you can bypass it. 

For more info on how you can set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website

Kent.png
Message 4 of 10 (385 Views)

★★★★ Novice

are clean boots safe? @EA_Kent 

Message 5 of 10 (369 Views)

Community Manager

@nxtasx 

As long as you follow the instructions closely it should be safe. The main thing to take note of is checking the box to hide all Microsoft services. That way you will be able to avoid disabling any critical processes. 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 10 (356 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ill try it soon, is there a live chat i can have with an eployee

Message 7 of 10 (344 Views)

Community Manager

@nxtasx 

Sure, you can find more info on how to set up a chat with EA Help over at the EA Help website.

Depending on the type of issue you're reporting, there may not be a chat option. Sometimes certain things are better handled with a phone call, or over email, so you might not see every contact option when you create a case. 

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (327 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent i contacted some people about it and they said its a server problem when i  have had this problem for months

Message 9 of 10 (315 Views)

Community Manager

@nxtasx 

Were you ever able to try setting up a Clean Boot? If so, did that make any difference with the freezing issues? 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (287 Views)