One Sided Delay

by wkapppa

Original Post

One Sided Delay

★★★ Novice

Hi I am playing , with a strange one sided delay , for a long time now , in every mode of the game.The players have a permanent extra inertia that keeps them always one step behind and a constant delay in everything, while the opponents are very fast. After some recent troubleshooting (I also changed the ethernet cable, and factory reset the ps4)  , the first game was normal and the problem seemed fixed. but during the second game every button stopped working entirely except of the x button .- while with another psn id, everything was fine . (the same bug remained even when I restarted the ps4 and cleared the cache memory ) [] 1 short clip :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyHL0hIH4c

I therefore deleted the saved data and restored the licences. The buttons are working now and the imposed delay is worse than ever. The players can hardly move. the unresponsiveness is very similar in squad battles mode as well. The connection has a score of 95 . with 0.01 % packet loss , 41.47 ms ping and 0.07 ms Jitter . But this seems irrelevant. It is like something keeps getting corrupted and every troubleshooting may only be effective for 1 game or 2.
I have already tried to use different dns servers . There is no difference.

Message 1 of 11 (1,090 Views)

Re: One Sided Delay

★★★★ Apprentice

Im afraid there is no solution for this my friend… the game is just like that sometimes… always has been… as long we keep buying their game, it always will be

Message 2 of 11 (1,001 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @wkapppa 

Thanks for reaching out to us. Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps listed here?

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 11 (993 Views)

★★★ Novice

@itsjerrold
okay but In this case the unplayable games are more than 9 out of 10 .
I'm a little curious about this.

@EA_Aljo
Yes I think I have. thank you. 
In addition I tried to open some ports and to add the ps4 in the DMZ. I also installed the game in a second hard drive and tried to rebuild the database a couple of times. 
Regarding the connection, I've recently changed the isp . It's a faster fiber connection with a lower ping. (it used to be about 20ms and it's 3ms now)  The problem is exactly the same. Oddly enough after a database rebuilding the gameplay was perfect , but only for the first game.

Message 4 of 11 (951 Views)

Community Manager

@wkapppa 

Do you have game mode enabled on your TV? Also, if your HDMI cable is old, you may want to try replacing it. Does your router support QoS (Quality of Service)? If so, make sure that is enabled and your PS4 is prioritized.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 11 (919 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo

Yes , the game mode is on. I also used a second 32 inch monitor with a 4ms response time. As for the Qos I already tried to disconnect everything else and to disable the wifi entirely. The only thing I haven't done is to buy a new hdmi cable. (besides buying a new console) . I Switched between 2 cables I already have including the original.  I may buy a new 2.1 cable. I think it is backwards compatible. And I will let you know.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 11 (906 Views)

Community Manager

@wkapppa 

Sounds good. If you still have trouble, run the Connection Quality Report and get me a screenshot of the overall score as well as the match history. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 11 (898 Views)

★★★ Novice

As expected , after I replaced every cable with the fastest I could find 

The gameplay is the still the same or worse . the players are stuck in every game with zero acceleration.

The third screenshot is older.

Message 8 of 11 (760 Views)

Community Manager

@wkapppa 

I'm not seeing any real issues and it's hard to see any delay in your video. I understand that needs to be felt though. Can you turn on the controller overlay and get another video of the problem?

Also, try using alternate DNS settings with the steps here. If you don't see a difference, try the Google DNS servers. Those are: Primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - Secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 11 (646 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo

The gameplay of that game was normal but the buttons were not working ,
That happened after a database rebuild .  At a previous time the delay was about 30 seconds 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzgLJownD_A&t=8s
and around 50 seconds here: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJbo3NLhPs0
I had to delete the saved data and to restore the licences to return to the usual delay , which might be harder to detect by watching a clip , but it is very apparent during the game. For instance take a look at the player animation at 0:19 - 0:20  : 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fbCCVcTwTg

when the gameplay is out of sync - in more than 9 out of 10 games
It is extremely hard to dribble and overtake an opponent ,
the players are very heavy and unresponsive like they are forced to stay behind 
and every pass and shot is mistimed.

Message 10 of 11 (544 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help