Re: On PS4 Controller Sometimes Doesn't Respond

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

On PS4 Controller Sometimes Doesn't Respond

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I looked up keywords and didn't see this issue.

Occasionally, when I play on my PS4, I experience and issue where the controller does not respond. I do not know if this is due to extreme lag, or an issue with the session. I could play 4-5 matches, and everything is fine. In fact, I played for about 2 hours straight yesterday (Sunday 10/11/20) and ran into no extremely detrimental issues, except for some lag in some sessions. This is a bad bug because it makes it look like I am abandoning the match when in fact I cannot do anything. The only button that responds on the controller is the PS button to close out the application. I did not experience this during the campaign, so it appears to be something specific to the multiplayer options. I have experienced this issue in Quick Play, Dogfight and Fleet Battles (Ranked). I do not recall having this issue in unranked Fleet Battles against AI. 

Message 1 of 4 (312 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

Hey, @jpodol1 could you try to power cycle the console and see if that helps. 

Power cycle the PS4 system

1. Completely turn off the PS4 by holding the power button.
  2. Wait for the power light to stop flashing, then remove the power cable and leave the PS4 system for 20 minutes.
  3. Reconnect the PS4 system and turn it on.

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (227 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Same problem on xbox. Play 4-5 match without problem. Next match:lag, no controlle.

Message 2 of 4 (286 Views)

★ Novice

Glad to know I am not the only one. Another thing I noticed, is it seems to occur when I allow the matches to continue to roll. So for example, if I play a round... it's fine. When the round ends and the game continues to match me into a new session, that seems to be when it occurs the most. If I exit out of matchmaking, click Quick Play or whatever type of session again, it doesn't happen or at least doesn't happen as often.

Message 3 of 4 (273 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

Hey, @jpodol1 could you try to power cycle the console and see if that helps. 

Power cycle the PS4 system

1. Completely turn off the PS4 by holding the power button.
  2. Wait for the power light to stop flashing, then remove the power cable and leave the PS4 system for 20 minutes.
  3. Reconnect the PS4 system and turn it on.

/Atic 

Message 4 of 4 (228 Views)