Old EA Account Inaccessible

by Chingis27

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Old EA Account Inaccessible

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I've recently come across quite the conundrum and seem to have hit an impasse.

Years ago, I synced an EA account with an old email address to my Sony PSN account around the launch of Star Wars Battlefront (2015). I haven't used the account much because I really don't play online all that often. The only other EA games I've purchased in the last several years were Mass Effect Andromeda, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and It Take Two (all through the PS Store on PS4 or PS5). I recently tried to hop online on It Takes Two (PS5 version) and was prompted to reset my password on my EA account due to it having been some time since last login I suppose. Only problem is the email that is attached to that account is inaccessible. It's an old comcast.net email from my high school days. The original ISP account the email was tied to is no longer active (my parents' way back when). I contacted the ISP in an attempt to restore the account, and they claim that due to the circumstances of it being a legacy comcast.net account with the original ISP account no longer existing, it is absolutely impossible to access the email account again.

Now, I've contacted EA support chat several times in an attempt to verify the account through other means aside from password reset, but haven't been successful. They keep asking for an IP address, purchases with a date, credit card used with billing address, DOB, and phone number. I'm quite confident in the phone number and DOB to provide to support, but since the account is 7+ years old, I really can't trace IP addresses or billing addresses due to having moved 4-5 times in that timeframe. I also don't think I actually made any purchases through the EA account - everything was through Sony.

Anyhow, all I really want is some way to be able to unlink my PSN account from the old comcast.net email so I can link it to my new EA account I made today (in conjunction with a new laptop I purchased for the holidays). Honestly, the only reason I noticed that my EA account was even on an old email address was that I was setting this all up with my new email and realized I couldn't link my PSN account after linking XBox and Steam. I went into my PS5 and attempted to do online play on It Takes Two and noticed the email on the account was the old one, and here we are.

For obvious reasons, support can only do so much when it comes to account security. They say that without more information, they can't do anything. I understand the chat support staff is limited in what they can access and approve due to their own liability. I don't know if there's any way to escalate this issue to some higher-up administrators to help me recover the account, or at the very least, have my PSN account remotely unlinked from it and to just let the old EA account fade into purgatory.

Any help would be much appreciated.

It seems I'm not the first to encounter this, and it seems it can indeed be resolved with the right help. Please help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Unlinking-old-inaccessible-EA-account-from-Xbox-PSN-S...

Message 1 of 6 (1,572 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Old EA Account Inaccessible

Community Manager

Hi there, @Chingis27 

Unfortunately, we can't make any changes to an account without verifying ownership. You're welcome to contact an advisor again if you're able to recall the answers to the verification questions they are asking.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,545 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Chingis27 

Unfortunately, we can't make any changes to an account without verifying ownership. You're welcome to contact an advisor again if you're able to recall the answers to the verification questions they are asking.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please see the link in the original post. It seems it may be possible to have EA send my linked PSN account a message for helping with verification. Someone needs to review my limitations and the situation on an individual basis and help me work through this.

Message 3 of 6 (1,528 Views)

Community Manager

@Chingis27 

You'll need to contact an advisor and verify ownership of the account before any changes can be made.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Who do you contact for that info? Can you post a link to a person who can help? I have a similar issue can't even get ahold of anyone to help me

Message 5 of 6 (923 Views)

Community Manager

@Treevor5280 

A case can be opened here for assistance with this. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 6 (915 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help