[Offline Franchise] saved game doesn't load

by Acdaliy

Original Post

Re: [Offline Franchise] saved game doesn't load

★★ Apprentice

Same thing happens to me. For me, it seems to happen when I sim a game using "key moments," and once the game finishes, Madden crashes and I am unable to load back into my save.

Getting real tired of this game. I am losing my patience.

Message 71 of 422 (1,888 Views)

Community Manager

@Phoenix2300 wrote:

Same thing happens to me. For me, it seems to happen when I sim a game using "key moments," and once the game finishes, Madden crashes and I am unable to load back into my save.

Getting real tired of this game. I am losing my patience.

@Phoenix2300  Thank you for those details we'll add those to the internal ticket.

@Midland38217 

The team is still in the development process of testing and implementing it for a future update. Based off current expectations I do not see any imminent hotfix on this due to the complexity of this issue, however I am limited in what information I am given and there have been surprise additions to updates when the team is able to squeeze them in. An official date or turnaround time has not been stated yet. We know offline Franchise saves are important to those that both prefer this mode and unable to play CFM for connectivity reasons. When we find out any updates from the team we'll provide them here ASAP. I know you've head it before but I want to reiterate we value your patience on this and apologize for any frustration you've endured since launch with Offline Franchise. 

Blueberry.png
Message 72 of 422 (1,862 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Thanks for your response. What about the fact that it is now happening on 21 too? Any other players throw their hands up with 22 and go to play franchise on 21 only to have the same thing happen after hours invested in the file??
Message 73 of 422 (1,846 Views)

Re: (Franchise)

★★★ Newbie

Been having this problem already 4 times. I don't play during offline franchise. I Sim each week. I focus on all the non in game stuff. I got into 2 different  13 seasons in and usually after that season, it won't load anymore. I've tried Uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing. I've deleted all madden content and still get that issue. Ea you all need to fix this. It's so frustrating 

Message 74 of 422 (1,884 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Do you anticipate us being able to access the crashed files in the future - after the fix?

Or is it more likely that we have to start over?

Unknown?
Message 75 of 422 (1,855 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I assume they will fix the issue when they add the scouting stuff. By then we won't be able to even load our old files. The scouting will make them obsolete. Knew that before even playing the offline franchise. But it's still a damn shame we can't play beyond year 4.

I've tried every type of work around. Backup saves after the game instead of the week of. And just simulate the corrupted week. Play the next week and still get that same error and crash after the game.

So many hours gone gone gone. 

Message 76 of 422 (1,837 Views)

Community Manager

@Midland38217 wrote:
@EA_Blueberry Do you anticipate us being able to access the crashed files in the future - after the fix?

Or is it more likely that we have to start over?

Unknown?

This is unknown right now. There was a similar issue for an older Madden title last year and players were not able to recover their previous Franchises. My expectations this could be a similar but I cannot fully confirm that will be the case with the information we have present right now. 

Blueberry.png
Message 77 of 422 (1,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is  bs, happens on my PS5 and second time, thought first time would be a glitch, in 4 years deep on franchise and now I just wasted my time 

Message 78 of 422 (1,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_BlueberryI hate to say it after a couple decades of being a loyal customer, but the post below is accurate. I do appreciate your responses and this is not aimed at you.

I will request a refund tomorrow. It’s been 39 days and counting without either/ both being able to keep score or save a game. I work at a very large company (much bigger than EA) myself and the previous sentence’s simplicity is hard to understand from what I’m guessing is the largest video game company in the world. Approvals and testing were… assumedly… needed for launch. I am guessing there is an entire team devoted to developing Franchise, especially in a year that you apparently advertised upgrades. It’s been 39 days with these issues that I am aware of, but it’s hard to imagine EA not knowing before that. Not only has it been at least 39 days, but we still do not have any timeline whatsoever on when a fix will be made.

I realize the dynamic with MUT and that sports games are decreasingly aimed at sales numbers. Maybe enough of us will leave to get EA’s attention. 39 days without being able to save an offline game is neglect. It’s not a priority.

Message 79 of 422 (1,744 Views)

★★ Novice

For me it always happens after forwarding my Broncos offline franchise 11 years and right after finishing week 10 against the Carolina Panthers (I play the game don't simulate it or anything) it immediately crashes. Really upset as this has happened twice now and the second time I had saved it to different files with different names and it glitched all the files. Not happy with this at all.

Message 80 of 422 (1,683 Views)