Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Official - Technical support confirms the existence of a "system"

by EA_Aidan

Original Post

Official - Technical support confirms the existence of a "system" in the game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello to all,
today for all of us Fifa fans can be a great day (I imagine a little less for the moderators and developers), since it is with great pleasure that I inform you OFFICIALLY what we have all verified and confirmed in all these years on FUT:

"They basically have a system that helps weaker teams"

These words are not mine, nor the umpteenth suppositions of all of us, but come directly from an Italian OFFICIAL service operator EA who has finally CONFIRMED, then, the existence of this script or other (you can give it the name you want ).
I do not hide my great amazement (I was also moving) as soon as I had this confirmation.

To give credit to my statements, I enclose, as an irrefutable PROOF, the transcription of the operator (for privacy I have deleted the name):

script.jpg

Obviously, we have the entire chat history with all the relevant details and official data.
The operator also advised to point out this problem to the "moderators of the forum in the hope that it would reach the ears of the developers".

Given this, then, I ask, with the utmost cordiality and courtesy, also in the name and in respect of the entire Fifa community, to avoid closing the post (it would be a further defeat for you and above all counterproductive), and to provide us, with the utmost transparency and kindness, more clarifications and details on this "system".

Thanks for support.

Message 1 of 11 (13,135 Views)

Community Manager

@firelord80

Can you post the case number in which this happened here please?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 11 (13,118 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok. No problem. Case number: 36336659

I hope it helps to solve the problem.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 11 (13,112 Views)

Community Manager

@firelord80

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 4 of 11 (13,107 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But now please you do not fire the operator Wink

Message 5 of 11 (13,100 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thats exactly what they gonna do. Lol.

Do you think this is a "problem" that EA wants solved? haha

Message 6 of 11 (12,494 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Sooooo where's the chat log? 

Message 7 of 11 (11,686 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

"I'm not revealing the operator's identity". > gives the number of the conversation and posts it publicly. GG m8.

Also get that to FIFA 18 reddit community and to videogame pundits. Start with Jim Sterling and Total Biscuit.

Message 8 of 11 (11,563 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@firelord80

Thanks for raising this. I can assure you that the Advisor was mistaken in this instance. There is no system in place to make teams perform better or worse like this suggests.

What you've asked the Advisor is not something that our customer support Advisors have insight into at that level. Our development team, who absolutely do have that insight, have answered this question several times in the past and plainly stated that it does not exist in game. 

We build the game to try and give the best representation we can of real football, where things like poor touches or poor shots do exist. Sometimes when these go against you it can feel like the game is playing against you or trying to make you lose. That is not the case, it's simply that similar things can happen in FIFA that happen in the real world game.
In real football you get big players missing shots, bottling it on penalties making bad passes etc and those can happen in FIFA too. We do not control that when it comes to who you are, what players you are using or what team you have which is what "scripting" or "momentum" suggest. The game plays out the way it plays out, we do not control how that happens. 

To add to that, we are very sensitive to this issue, we love that FIFA is a competitive game and embrace it as such. Us manipulating the game would completely detract from that and would go against everything that we stand for and everything that we want for the game.

-EA_Aidan

Message 9 of 11 (10,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok, so you say this:

To add to that, we are very sensitive to this issue, we love that FIFA is a competitive game and embrace it as such. Us manipulating the game would completely detract from that and would go against everything that we stand for and everything that we want for the game.

But then you also say this: 

We build the game to try and give the best representation we can of real football, where things like poor touches or poor shots do exist. 

Sounds pretty contradicting to me...I think you need to explain how the latter works. What are ALL the different criteria in the game, that the game demands, for a shot to be a success or a miss, when input is practically the same? I think that needs to be explained, in full detail - to the customers of this game.

And then do the same for poor touches. Or nutmegs. Or any other RNG event within the game. What are all the required criteria for success and what are all the factors impacting each event? What is required for a ball to nutmeg a player or get blocked by the same player? 

Are there any calculations going on outside of our knowledge that affect the mindset of your players, some hidden stat or something?

Also, explain to me how this quote from Matt Prior works within the game, in DETAIL. Those playing this game wants to know. Those who spends thousands of dollars on this game, wants to know.

Quote from Matt Prior:

Last year, certain features were harder to do for the more casual users. We felt the big moments are what make football great, but they were limited to certain users who were super-advanced. So we just added more of an opportunity to do the kind of wondergoals you see on there.

Skill moves is another one where some people aren't aware of how to do them. It's only like the top-level few that do them, so it's about bringing the cool stuff more to the masses. Giving people the opportunity to do more wondergoals and the like.

End quote.

Please, enlighten us. I mean, particularly considering this subject - I think what you are saying and what Matt Prior is saying is that you are actually doing some form of manipulation to this game. Not you, not Matt Prior, not Andrew Wilson - but specifically algorithms that works beneath the engine. Or under the hood you might say.

What does Matt Prior specifically mean by "added more of an opportunity to do the kind of wondergoals....". How is he "Giving people the opportunity to do more wondergoals and the like" specifically?

People who pay you guys want to know. I mean, we are your customers, we literally pay you to do your jobs.

Message 10 of 11 (10,136 Views)

fifa-zigzag-img

Open these ports in FIFA 18

Try opening (or forwarding) these ports to help improve your connection.

View more on EA Help

fifa-18-promo-img-2

Update your FUT Security Question

Help keep your FUT account secure to the max! This one is separate from your EA Account.

Use EA Help's steps on your trusted device
orange-gradient-rectangle-image

Prevent disconnects and DNFs

Troubleshoot your connection to avoid DNFs