Re: Oculus Quest w/Steam VR, Screen lags when I move my head.

by Dorobo47

Original Post

Oculus Quest w/Steam VR, Screen lags when I move my head.

★★ Novice

After a certain amount of time when I start playing Squadrons in VR it seems like the head tracking breaks, if that's what it is.  When this happens and i move my head the screen seems to stay in place and has to catch up with my headset allowing me to see the black space around the screen instead of having a smooth seamless motion when i look around.  It i tap on my oculus to use the pass through camera function it temporarily fixes the problem but it usually comes within minutes. If i don't move my head then i can play mostly without noticing it but what's the point of vr if i can't move my head.  I've also determined that it doesn't happen with any other steam vr games that i've tried. Also i haven't seen anyone else saying this is the issue they have or at least i can't tell from how they describe the experience.

Message 1 of 7 (2,013 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Same exact issue. I have a 2070 super, i5 9600k, 16gb ram, samsung nvme, which run everything else perfectly fine (including this game in non-VR). I tried manually setting the render resolution and turning off super sampling in the Steam VR settings, but the issue is still there. This actually also happens when I play Moss in Steam VR.

Message 2 of 7 (1,942 Views)

★★ Novice

Finally someone with the same issue as me, how long are you able to play before this happens to you?

Message 3 of 7 (1,930 Views)

★ Novice

Haha, I wasn't even sure what to search for to figure out what was wrong. Probably 15-20 minutes. If I go back to the Quest menu, it'll return to normal for about 5 minutes. Super annoying.

Message 4 of 7 (1,926 Views)

★★ Novice
@Dorobo47 Yeah, I wasn't sure what to look for either so I posted this. That being said I just booted back up because they dropped the 1.2 update and during that session I didn't have it happen so maybe they fixed it. I still have some experimenting to do.
Message 5 of 7 (1,920 Views)

★ Novice

Mine still has the issue, but popped up a little bit later than usual. I wish I had a single clue why it happens. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,883 Views)

★★ Novice

Hmm, for me it seems the issue is gone mostly. I still get a bit of weird twitching but mostly the game is playable. Something I did a while back for a different issue was to manually set the clock speed of my cpu. You might try that to see if that helps you at all.

Message 7 of 7 (1,880 Views)